X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

New John Carter Review-Feb.29.2012

Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

I'm still keeping my expectations, not low necessarily, but in check. But this review makes it sound like I won't be disappointed. Some interesting facts I wasn't aware of-JCoM was supposed to be Pixars first live action? also didn't know the director of Wall-E was behind this.

Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.
    Last edited by 4NDR01D; Feb 29, '12, 10:33 PM.
  • GUYx1
    FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
    • Apr 20, 2005

It doesn't jibe with some people. I am not certain why. I was fully expecting a goofy vocabulary meets Dune with roman gladiators.
    The Disney marketing campaign did little to change my expectations. Because I was familiar with the material since the 70's I knew what I was in for. I was expecting my wife to shoot me daggers & roll her eyes for 2 hours. My wife was not on board for this film. Pouting the whole way. So much tension. After about 10 minutes she was into it. It really hooked her and she said it was far more accessible than Dune. She even SUGGESTED we go see it on the big screen in 3D next time. Much more family friendy than she expected. Less edgy. I kept thinking I wish we could have seen this in 1975. Reminded me of Richard Corben DEN imagery. I can't get enough of it.
    Cheers,
    Guyx1

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Wife and I can't wait to see this.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...