ZICA Male Body v.2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saintsyn
    • Mar 18, 2010

So VERY awesome. I have quite a few customs lined up in my head already for these!!

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

Okay, having a few days to absorb this, I have a few observations/questions.

* How is the height on this? I know ZICA version 1 was slightly tall compared to T2 and made it challenging to use custom boxes and clams.

* I just noticed the optional chest piece that allows for a regular/resin neck plug. That's cool. I originally was viewing this form my mobile and didn't pick up on the details. I only saw the built in neck and thought I couldn't use this body. I gotta be more observant.

* The hands are just freakin phenomenal. Are these of the same material as the prior hands? I think I mentioned to you how well they take paint.

* Is this the only picture you currently have? I think a side shot of the arms and legs, kinda like DaVincvi's Virtruvian man pose would showcase the potential for the body far more.

* I have slight concern about the feet and how they will fit into vintage boots and Castaway boots. The look a bit wide in this shot and could provide a hurdle to getting the above on the feet.

* I don't know how cost-effective packaging will be for this. You want to be able to maximize your GP, so this may be a luxury. I think it'd be cool as hell, but it might add to production difficulties.

Overall, I'm very excited for this figure. I like having options in my customizing. I think this is going to be a winner.
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

Craig,

Perhaps you could have an allotment of loose bodies for sale to offer here aside well from the clam shell packaging that you will sell to retailers? I would imagine that for the most part the people here would not be as much about the packaging as they would the actual body itself. Once the body is ripped out of the packaging I would imagine that the packaging would be discarded. Just my two cents.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Random Axe
          Okay, having a few days to absorb this, I have a few observations/questions.

* How is the height on this? I know ZICA version 1 was slightly tall compared to T2 and made it challenging to use custom boxes and clams.

* I just noticed the optional chest piece that allows for a regular/resin neck plug. That's cool. I originally was viewing this form my mobile and didn't pick up on the details. I only saw the built in neck and thought I couldn't use this body. I gotta be more observant.

* The hands are just freakin phenomenal. Are these of the same material as the prior hands? I think I mentioned to you how well they take paint.

* Is this the only picture you currently have? I think a side shot of the arms and legs, kinda like DaVincvi's Virtruvian man pose would showcase the potential for the body far more.

* I have slight concern about the feet and how they will fit into vintage boots and Castaway boots. The look a bit wide in this shot and could provide a hurdle to getting the above on the feet.

* I don't know how cost-effective packaging will be for this. You want to be able to maximize your GP, so this may be a luxury. I think it'd be cool as hell, but it might add to production difficulties.

Overall, I'm very excited for this figure. I like having options in my customizing. I think this is going to be a winner.
          Hey Scott. Here are the answers you seek.

1. An original Mego body and Mattel retro body were used as size references so the the height issue of the ZICA body v.1 should be gone.

2. I'll be sure to provide the factory with a set of v.1 hands as a reference so the material will be the same for v.2.

3. This is the only picture I have for now. Once all of the revisions are finished I'll post more.

4. I'll have to check the feet again but I think they'll be fine.

5. Packaging is important for this body because it has to be able to be sold in brick and mortar stores. I don't think a brown mailer box will cut it with a lot of retailers. Besides, the type of packaging I've chosen will add very little to the cost, probably only a few cents.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by livnxxxl
            Craig,

Perhaps you could have an allotment of loose bodies for sale to offer here aside well from the clam shell packaging that you will sell to retailers? I would imagine that for the most part the people here would not be as much about the packaging as they would the actual body itself. Once the body is ripped out of the packaging I would imagine that the packaging would be discarded. Just my two cents.
            I don't think the factory would be too happy with having to divide things up like that. Once the body is ripped out the package just be sure to recycle.

Comment

• JMC
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 3, 2004

Fantastic! I am so looking forward to using them!

Comment

• DocDrako
                Formerly Doc Drako
                • Nov 11, 2004

Wow. That is an awesome design. Rock on, ZICA!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Great design Craig. I really liked the first version, but these improvements lok pretty cool
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Random Axe
                    I compared the feet to an original Mego and a Mattel retro body. The feet on the ZICA body v.2 are about 1 millimeter wider on each side. This difference could be even less on the actual production pieces depending on the rate of shrink.

Comment

• PeterRR
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jun 2, 2008

The bodies look amazing they look like Hot Toys Style bodies in a 8" format. I hope DSL uses these bodies on upcoming projects. I love the 8" format. Hated the Mattel bodies very poor design. Love the ball joint neck and the double jointed knees and elbow . Way to go.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Any pics of the painted master head?
                        JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                          Any pics of the painted master head?
                          I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

You're the best, Craig. Thanks.

Can't wait to see it.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Head Sculpt Paint Master

Here's a pic of the paint master. This is actually an older version of the head sculpt which has gone through a minor revision since the paint master was completed.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

Very nice. Kinda has the same look as one of the Triad Toys guys. Very cool, unflappable and professional looking.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎