X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by astro-greg
    This is some beautiful work. I am excited with the possibility of using a wider range of heads more easily.

Will the neck post itself be removable/replaceable in case one was using heads with various neck post sizes?
    No, the neck post is not removable/replaceable. Unless another company wants to join in the fun I'll be the only one making heads that work with neck post so there shouldn't be any issues with compatibility.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I was just over at Triad toys, looking at some of the stuff they have for pre order, and Craig's stuff is easily as good as, if not better than theirs.

If the prototype is THIS good, just imagine how the finished figure will be!

Plus, since Craig is throwing in extra sets of hands, and an interchangable chest plate, in a few years, Triad is going to have some serious competition in the customs market.

Here's to you, Craig! May you knock them ALL out of the park!
      JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
        I was just over at Triad toys, looking at some of the stuff they have for pre order, and Craig's stuff is easily as good as, if not better than theirs.

If the prototype is THIS good, just imagine how the finished figure will be!

Plus, since Craig is throwing in extra sets of hands, and an interchangable chest plate, in a few years, Triad is going to have some serious competition in the customs market.

Here's to you, Craig! May you knock them ALL out of the park!
        Thanks!

Unlike the the ZICA body v.1 I'm planning on selling these in full retail packaging, similar to what Hot Toys does with their True Type bodies. I'm hoping this will make them more appealing to be carried by brick and mortar hobby/comic book shops.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Huh....that's going to jack up the price more than a smidge, I think.

However, if the whole kit and kaboodle can be kept to $25.00 or slightly less, I will not complain.

This is quality stuff that we're going to be shelling out our greenbacks for, and we should expect to pay accordingly.

Not that the previous body wasn't worth the ten bucks, but this bod blows it away!

And full retail packaging is definitely going to up the ante, not to mention the price.

Let us know when you're ready to take pre-orders, Craig! I'll probably spend a good portion of my tax refund check on these babies.

Or you know, my Christmas bonus.
          JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
            Huh....that's going to jack up the price more than a smidge, I think.

However, if the whole kit and kaboodle can be kept to $25.00 or slightly less, I will not complain.

This is quality stuff that we're going to be shelling out our greenbacks for, and we should expect to pay accordingly.

Not that the previous body wasn't worth the ten bucks, but this bod blows it away!

And full retail packaging is definitely going to up the ante, not to mention the price.

Let us know when you're ready to take pre-orders, Craig! I'll probably spend a good portion of my tax refund check on these babies.

Or you know, my Christmas bonus.
            Actually the retail packaging shouldn't increase the price that much at all, especially since the design would be simple. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Comment

• megalomaniac001
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 24, 2009

Very nice!! I love how you are taking the Mego scale and modernizing the design. This is really what I think Mattel should have done. Their loss is your gain, because I think I am going to be swapping a bunch of figures to these bodies! I think you really nailed the perfect body size choice. Like you said, it will work for the largest amount of customs. I have three hopes. My first hope is the height. Zica 1.0 was fantastic, but just a bit taller than Mego. I hope that Zica 2.0 will be the same height as Mego & Mattel etc. My second hope is that these are a smashing success so that you can make a bigger, buffer body! My third hope is that you are able to produce the Zica female body. I have been wanting a better female body for a long time!

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
                Very nice!! I love how you are taking the Mego scale and modernizing the design. This is really what I think Mattel should have done. Their loss is your gain, because I think I am going to be swapping a bunch of figures to these bodies! I think you really nailed the perfect body size choice. Like you said, it will work for the largest amount of customs. I have three hopes. My first hope is the height. Zica 1.0 was fantastic, but just a bit taller than Mego. I hope that Zica 2.0 will be the same height as Mego & Mattel etc. My second hope is that these are a smashing success so that you can make a bigger, buffer body! My third hope is that you are able to produce the Zica female body. I have been wanting a better female body for a long time!
                The one huge advantage I have this time around is that the design studio I've hired to make the prototypes is in the US. I'm actually able to drive there and speak with the sculptors face to face. This has made a huge difference compared to what I went through with the v.1 body. The ZICA body v.1 was completely prototyped in China which made the development process much more difficult. It's more expensive to have the work done here in the US but I've found out that it's more than worth it.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  Megoholic RocketScientist
                  • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                  No, the neck post is not removable/replaceable. Unless another company wants to join in the fun I'll be the only one making heads that work with neck post so there shouldn't be any issues with compatibility.
                  Craig, This is the idea that I spoke of and thought we had shared earlier on. It is nice to see that our ideas did not in fact cross after all.
                  Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                    Craig, This is the idea that I spoke of and thought we had shared earlier on. It is nice to see that our ideas did not in fact cross after all.
                    It will be interesting to see if the customizing crowd can come up with an adapter that will allow for resin heads to be used with the ball and socket design. If that happens I might consider getting it mass produced.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                      Megoholic RocketScientist
                      • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                      It will be interesting to see if the customizing crowd can come up with an adapter that will allow for resin heads to be used with the ball and socket design. If that happens I might consider getting it mass produced.
                      You just never know what may show up in the near future.
                      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

The packaging idea is ok, but what is the appeal of a mass market naked guy in a scale that does not have a huge line of clothing, heads, etc readily available like 1/6th does? This is a small cottage industry at best. I think the female figure is what is more sorely lacking in this scale and would do better than yet another male.
                        Last edited by thunderbolt; Feb 29, '12, 4:59 AM.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

I like it! I like the proportions much better than your first one(big improvement in the pelvis & waist area)...I'll be picking some of these up.
                          sigpic

Comment

• boss
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 18, 2003

I think $15 bucks is the right price.
                            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              The packaging idea is ok, but what is the appeal of a mass market naked guy in a scale that does not have a huge line of clothing, heads, etc readily available like 1/6th does? This is a small cottage industry at best. I think the female figure is what is more sorely lacking in this scale and would do better than yet another male.
                              Considering what's already been done in the 1/9 action figure market, and what's currently being planned, I think there's a very good chance for this scale to become much more popular with collectors and customizers. The 1/6 market is getting more and more expensive and I think that at some point the collectors will start looking for a more affordable alternative. It might seem like a cottage industry now but the potential for it to grow far beyond that is definitely there.

I see what you're saying about the female figure but since the ZICA male body v.1 tooling was part of the buyout deal with Diamond I wanted to replace it as quickly as possible.

Comment

• bgiles73
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 14, 2010

I'm really stoked for both these new Zica bodies. You are really, really raising the standards Craig. I can't wait to order some of these.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎