Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Shouldn't be too hard to customize a resin head - sand off the plug, use a Dremel to make a hole for the ZICA peg, and done. As for re-using rubber/vinyl heads, order repros from Dr. Mego and/or CTVT, then hack away.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2, 2013

I'm down for this ! Can't wait till its ready !
      My EPIC FOR SALE threat ! http://megomuseum.com/community/show...oys-Real-nice!

Comment

• MeerkatMego
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 7, 2007

I'm impressed, man. He looks great.
        Meerkat Mego

Comment

• megozilla13
          Persistent Member
          • May 10, 2002

Craig,
          I know Ivonne has only been out for a short while but have sales been good enough so far to make the male body a possibility.

mikej
          WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by megozilla13
            Craig,
            I know Ivonne has only been out for a short while but have sales been good enough so far to make the male body a possibility.

mikej
            Sales are doing well but I've got three other projects I'm currently working on that are taking priority over the male body. One is new heads for the female body, the second is the 3.75" Six Million Dollar Man action figure line, and the third is super top secret.

Comment

• Scousebadger
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
              Sales are doing well but I've got three other projects I'm currently working on that are taking priority over the male body. One is new heads for the female body, the second is the 3.75" Six Million Dollar Man action figure line, and the third is super top secret.
              Ooooooh!

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

There should be a torso that accommodates classic MEGO neck pegs instead of requiring a customized to destroy vintage figures.

Why can't you reissue the body used for the Buck Rogers figure?
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Scousebadger
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by B-Lister
                  There should be a torso that accommodates classic MEGO neck pegs instead of requiring a customized to destroy vintage figures.

That body design and tooling was sold on with the Buck Rogers license.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by B-Lister

Unfortunately the shoulder articulation design prevents the option of making another torso that can accommodate the MEGO style neck plugs. I've tried working around the problem but it's just not possible.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2, 2012

Unfortunately the shoulder articulation design prevents the option of making another torso that can accommodate the MEGO style neck plugs. I've tried working around the problem but it's just not possible.
                      Being the blasphemous heretic I am, I've found that you don't have to cut the whole neck plug off a Mego head to fit it onto a ZICA body.

Just shorten the bit past the "rim" on the plug that stops the head falling off. Is a tight fit, but it works.

I don't intend on selling my figures on, so I've no problem with this.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

Thank you for the honest answer. At least you attempted to address it. I am no toy engineer so I will take your word for it!
                        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 30, 2012

Super top secret?(cough)Bionic Woman and/or classic Battlestar Galactica in 3 3/4" scale(cough, cough) frakin' fumarellos.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎