X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

ZICA Male Body v.2

Here is a pic of the WIP prototype. I was hoping to have the finalized version to show but after today's meeting with my sculptor we determined more work needed to be done. We're still trying to figure out the best connecting method for the feet and ankles which is the only area that still needs work.

As you can see, the new body has vastly improved articulation over the first ZICA body. You'll also notice that there are two upper torso pieces. Theses pieces are interchangeable. One torso piece is for your standard retro style and original Mego heads, the other is for the modern ball and socket type heads. The arms pull out and out and can be popped back in the desired torso piece. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer what I can.

• SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

HOMERUN!!! This should make customizing much easier. Well done, Craig and thank you so much! Are the muscle body in the works? Also, is this the same dimensions as a Flatt body?

Comment

• turnbolt
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 26, 2008

Looks great. Can't Wait to get some!
      I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by SeattleEd
        HOMERUN!!! This should make customizing much easier. Well done, Craig and thank you so much! Are the muscle body in the works? Also, is this the same dimensions as a Flatt body?
        There is no muscle body in the works but the hardest part is almost over so getting one made should be fairly easy if I'm financially able to do it at some point. I don't have a Flatt body to compare but an original Mego body and a retro Mattel body were used for size references.

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

ooohhh... nice. I've got some spiderman outfits that would look good on that.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

The interchangable torso is a great idea. If the idea flys, making bulkier (or skinnier) torsos, arms, and legs would make this the ultimate in custom bodies.

nice work.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Great improvement over the last one.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

Wow,you had me at hello.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  Megoholic RocketScientist
                  • Oct 23, 2007

Wow Craig, The new body really looks good so far. Options! I love options. I look forward to seeing it become a reality in the very near future.

I know that it may be way too soon to ask, but I will do so anyway. Do you have a price point in mind for the new body yet?

Thanks for sharing the WIP picture.
                  Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                    Wow Craig, The new body really looks good so far. Options! I love options. I look forward to seeing it become a reality in the very near future.

I know that it may be way too soon to ask, but I will do so anyway. Do you have a price point in mind for the new body yet?

Thanks for sharing the WIP picture.
                    Don't have an SRP yet but I'll try to keep it as reasonable as possible. It will definitely be more than the ZICA body v.1 price of $10.00.

Comment

• The4thDoctor
                      Travelling thru time
                      • Nov 2, 2011

WOW!! Well done!! You're figure looks extremely poseable...I like the 2 chest pieces as well...I can't wait to own one...Wayne (He'll make a nice zombie..)
                      sigpic****WANT LIST-----WANT LIST***
                      Denys Fisher Mego Dr Who Sonic Screwdriver acc
                      Vintage Cheron
                      Mego Spiderman right arm/hand
                      SMDM right leg/pair socks
                      Mego Green Goblin

Comment

• livnxxxl
                        Megoholic RocketScientist
                        • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                        Don't have an SRP yet but I'll try to keep it as reasonable as possible. It will definitely be more than the ZICA body v.1 price of $10.00.
                        Thanks Craig for the prompt reply.
                        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

I like it. Seems like you went all out on the articulation!

Just curious... why 2 torsos instead of making the neck post removable?

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by sprytel
                            I like it. Seems like you went all out on the articulation!

Just curious... why 2 torsos instead of making the neck post removable?
                            The main reason was because the internal mechanics needed for the improved shoulder articulation wouldn't allow for a removable neck post.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                              Craig, thank you so much for thinking about us and the hobby. That interchangeable torso part is a great consideration. The new ZICA body looks fantastic and I'll dare to say that you are slowly becoming the "HotToys" of the 1:9 scale. As for the cost, I think that people will be willing to pay more when they get more. Just a comment: PLEASE HAVE UNLIMITED OF THESE BUY!!! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎