X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marmes
    Megolomaniac
    • May 12, 2007

The Andorian is also visibly different.His tunic is shiny looking
    compared to the original.The belts a tad different and his head paint while VERY close is still visibly different when compared to the original.

Kudos to you guys for making these just different enough from the originals
    to consider them a variation rather than a direct replacement that would challenge the collectability of of all the real ones out there.
    But if you don't have $300-400 to spend on the real thing,this will do nicely.

I will keep buying these to supplement my real collection as you put them out guys...even if Scotty's shirt is...dare I say it...salmon pink(yeeccchh!)
    _M

Comment

• Hamonrye
      • Jan 4, 2008

I like the clamshells. As a collector who rarely leaves cool toys MOC but obsessively preserves the packaging, they're perfect for me. And they're a much more efficient design than the shells Hasbro has been using for their Star Wars retro-vintage line-- I love that the blister is built in.

I'm completely satisfied with my Andorian, and can't wait to own a Romulan.

Now let us never speak of pink shirts again!

Comment

• rikitikitavi
        Museum Mongoose
        • Aug 15, 2003

Well, I got mine today. Enough praise cannot be heaped on Paul for what he is doing. He's earned much in the world of Mego and its history. These are excellent (I haven't opened them, but I doubt I have two left hands). Now, I need to get on to Starlog and see if the Romulans and McCoys are on preorder yet.

I wonder what else we can expect in the future! Wouldn't Space 1999 be nice, and hmmm Logan's Run?

Riki

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

I dont care if Scotty is wearing a Hawiian shirt and comes with a ukelele, just keep 'em coming Paul!!

...Any chance you can let the cat out of the bag and enlighten us on the future of the Trek line, as you previously alluded to in a past post?
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• garagesale
            Dept. of Mego Studies
            • Aug 8, 2006

Got mine yesterday... LOVE 'EM!

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• rikitikitavi
              Museum Mongoose
              • Aug 15, 2003

Maybe Paul can check back here with us and let us know how the sales/interest are going with Spock and the Andorian. I'm curious to see if momentum is building in the franchise.

Comment

• The Sentry
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 3, 2007

I can't wait to get em! I love my old Spock, but it's time for him to rest! I'll do with him I did with my Klingon, open him up and place him with the other loose Megos, and place the old-school version resting nice in a Doc Mego bubble card! Doc, you keep up the killer work man! You just keep on making me happy by doing what you do! KEEP MEGO IN THE STORES!
                sigpic
                http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I currently have them all (thanks Speed) and couldn't be happier with the results and quality. It's like buying Mego's brand new all over again with the same level of quality I came to expect as a kid. I think it would be fantastic if they did the Planet of the Apes line. I would go...well...ape!

Comment

• censy
                    thread killer
                    • Sep 26, 2007

Thanks Doc!

My Andorian arrived today, from the Mego Store, thanks Joe! He looks amazing Doc, keep up the good work. Its nice to have an adversary for my bridge crew.

Chris

Comment

• txteach
                      Banned
                      • Jun 17, 2005

joe got mine to me quick. Thanks Joe. Hey Paul, did you get your shipment yet?

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

Got mine today from NewForce. Outstanding!

Rick @ NewForce complained to DST about the thin plastic figure bubbles.. apparently most of his shipment arrived to him with some minor bubble stress/compression. The set I got has exactly that.. bubble fatigue mostly along the top right corner. Anyone else seeing likewise?

It's no big deal to me, but folks that are interested in perfect MOC specimens might be cheesed.

Comment

• mars396
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Sep 14, 2007

My local Comic Shoppe (where I acquired my two Andorians and two Spocks) showed me that while the Andorians were all unharmed, each and every Spock had a broken bubble at the feet. A big enough rip to pass the figure through.

Comment

• mars396
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 14, 2007

I have a fair number of Reproductions: some CTVTs, some customs I found on eBay, and some I’ve made from Doc Mego parts. The Andorian, is, hands down, the finest Reproduction I own. Everything is spot-on.

At first I was upset with them, but Kirk’s and Spock’s shirts have really grown on me. While Kirk’s is cut too short (almost a belly shirt) the color of both is closer to what is onscreen than the originals. And I think I actually prefer spread out rank stripes (even though Spock’s are silver).
                            Visit my blurry cellphone camera gallery for comparison pix:
                            mars396pix

I am eager to get some Scotties, so that I can do some head swapping and have anonymous Red Shirts in my displays.
                            I wonder what color his shirt and rank stripes will be ?

(apparently, there is some sort of limit to the number of pictures I can upload ? I leg swapped my extra Spock and Andorian and put Spock's uniform on the result. I was attempting to make a Commander Thelin, but the angry expression is not very Thelinesque. So, he is "Andorian Science Officer" Perhaps, I will put a Red Shirt on him instead....)
                            Last edited by mars396; Jan 11, '08, 3:05 PM.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

I got mine today! YAY! I'm really happy w/ him. His hands are correct, and looks great on my bridge playset.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Hamonrye
                                • Jan 4, 2008

Originally posted by mars396
                                the color of both is closer to what is onscreen than the originals.
                                Actually, on the TV show Kirk's 'standard' shirt was never the same yellow-gold color as, say, Sulu's or Chekov's. It was green-gold, but unfortunately tended to photograph as if he just hadn't washed it in a while. I understand that the new HD remasters of the old episodes have 'corrected' it back towards yellow-gold.

Okay, I'm looking over my previous posts and apparently I have some sort of shirt obsession. I gotta get some help.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎