Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Was touring the local comic and hobby shops today. They all had these figures this time (I had to do some arm twisting to get a couple of them to carry the Kirk/Klingon sets), priced from $25.00 to 30.00 a piece (ouch!---Kirk and Klingon were priced at $19.99 when that wave came out!!). Still, everybody said they were selling like crazy. The Andorian was outpacing Spock at most stores, except one local hobby shop that seems to draw kids of all ages (as opposed to some of the comic shops that only seem to draw creepy 30 somethings). they said Spock was already sold out, and he couldnt wait for his second shipment to arrive.Again,kids and teens were the big buyers at this store....the owner thought this might have something to do with Twisted Mego theater (or is it Twisted Toyfare Theater now?).....I think its because they can see there is way more play appeal in a Mego style figure, than the lifeless Art Asylum stuff.
    Seems this wave is selling as well as the last...at least here in Calgary.
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

Got my Andorians and Spocks yesterday and have to say they are simply awesome. The quality is excellent as is the packaging design. Well done EMCE. It appears the first two releases are selling well and the Romulan release should as well IMO. Hopefully this will lead to unproduced characters making there way to mass produced toy stardom in the future. Perhaps a limited run chase figure in each sealed case!! Hint Hint!! Sulu? Chekov? Just wishing out loud. Can't wait to see the Romulan figure.
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Ssylyss
        Museum Patron
        • Jan 16, 2008

Originally posted by mars396
        My local Comic Shoppe (where I acquired my two Andorians and two Spocks) showed me that while the Andorians were all unharmed, each and every Spock had a broken bubble at the feet. A big enough rip to pass the figure through.
        I purchased 1 case and 3 of my spocks had this problem, they were completely blown out on the bottom of the bubble. The fourth had minor cracks. Maybe I just got really unlucky.

The bubbles on the kirk/klingon packaging appears to be slighly thicker plastic. Is this a potential problem that is being looked into?

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

I mentioned earlier that Rick at NewForce Comics (one of DST's biggest Trek buyers) had complained to DST that the plastic thickness was unacceptable, after most of his cases had some bubble damage. Too late to make any adjustments with the next wave (already on the water), but maybe future ones.

Comment

• K
            Fun Will Now Commence
            • Jun 20, 2001

I got mine, too! VERY exciting!
            I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• mikeoz
              Mego Maker
              • Mar 9, 2007

I got my Spock and Andorian from Hulk and I'm impressed with how nicely they're constructed. I can really feel the well-built quality of of Doc's bodies. The little extra weight really makes them feel more substantial than standard Mego bodies. I was also admiring the detail in the hands on the new figures. They're better than the orignal Mego hands and put CTVT hands to shame.
              Looking for:
              Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• zwischenstufe
                • Aug 8, 2011

Apparently the 'Spock with silver rank braid' is becoming a variant after all - there's a guy selling some (as well as the Kirk with tricorder) on ebay. I went ahead and grabbed them - they look pretty cool next to the reg figs. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎