Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Urban Safari Hunting Hauls (Garage Sale, Thrift Stores, Craigs, Rummage...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

I would have thought the lunchbox would have scored higher. Especially being from such an unpopular show. Not a bad haul. If it's got the thermos you can recoup about a 1/3 of your investment on that alone. You should be able to flip the stuff you don't want and worst case break even money wise. If you can get stuff for your collection for free you've done alright by my estimate.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• megoat
      A Therefore Experience
      • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
      What kind of a deal was the Mr. Mercury? I've held on to the one I found in Dec. The sales on eBay have been all over the place, and I'm not in a hurry to just get rid of it.
      Everything was grabbed for under $10 EXCEPT the Mr Mercury. I paid below market value, but he wasn't cheap. I think he's really cool!

Comment

• Splitty
        Career Member
        • Jan 25, 2012

Originally posted by megocrazy
        I would have thought the lunchbox would have scored higher. Especially being from such an unpopular show. Not a bad haul. If it's got the thermos you can recoup about a 1/3 of your investment on that alone.
        Oh, that lunchbox is amazing. I was floored. All he said was he was throwing an old lunchbox in. My curiosity was working overtime imagining what it could be, but I would have never ever thought it would be something so cool. I have the dimmest of dim recollection of that show! I would love to see episodes again. No thermos, but the inside is not bad, and so much neat artwork on it.
        Last edited by Splitty; Feb 27, '12, 1:01 AM.
        I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

So I ventured away from my flea market stall today and hit a local toy show with Spyweb Lil Spyweb and some buddies. Also got to catch up with BatmanMC as I was leaving and check out a recent Mego score he had in person. Always good to catch up face to face.

The Mego stuff was way overpriced, but was plentiful. Hit a guy selling off his childhood memories and hit a piece I've been searching for, for about 3 years in the bottom of a bag. Missed out on a couple of decent pieces, but fortunately the guy that had beat me to the table got blinded by one box and missed out on much more in several other boxes which I scored. Circled is a green Scareglow Halberd from the original He-man line. Seen these tip $30 by themselves on a good ebay day. I only collect the rarer figures in non-mego lines and this was all I needed to complete my SG. Figure, cape, and Halberd were all found independently and all were less than $2.00 a piece. I love vintage toy hunting. It's not at all a common find. Sitting in the bottom of the bag when I sorted it out. Woo Hoo!!! to say the least. Plus it was wrapped in a Super Powers Red Tornado cape. About 15 of the figures were complete with the Flying Fists He-man being the highlight. The remaining bag of Ghostbuster parts and MOTU parts will probably help me complete about 10-12 more. The 3 Ghostbuster guns should recoup about 2/3 of my investment. The Gremlins Atari 2600 game is a fairly hard to find piece and is worth more than I paid for that lot. Counted just the major pieces and the total broke out to about $1.50 a piece across the whole days spending. One of the better days I've had in recent memory at an actual toy show. It was like an 80's flashback pre-ebay days.

Here's a pic of the major pieces in the haul.

Last edited by megocrazy; Feb 27, '12, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Splitty
            Career Member
            • Jan 25, 2012

HOLY goomoley! What a lot! Awesome score.

And Gremlins Atari Game?! Waaant!
            I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

Nice pick ups fellas. I never see those types of goodies around here when I go out looking.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                • Jan 22, 2008

1960's big eyed japanese doll w/ poodle. $1

Neca Boogie to add to my Xmas display. approx 10" tall. $1

Vintage xmas elf, squeaky toy and Flintstones xmas ornament of Hopper (also got Barney,Wilma, and Betty) $1 each.

Voltron sword .25 cents

3 super duper rare Monster in my Pocket series three figures. .25 cents each. Already on ebay with bids of $50 each. Hoping to get about $200 for the 3. I think I actually yelled "Holy, uh poo" in front of little kids and parents in toy section when I found them.

I also picked up a 1961 Edward Mobley sleepy eyed lamb from an antique shop, payed $17 but I wanted it, it's 50 years old, and I've never seen one in person before. The cats and dogs turn up fairly often, but lamb and elephant were on my want list.
                Forgot to take a pic though.

Comment

• Splitty
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 25, 2012

What the heck?!! ^----- Those prices and items are making me very jealous.
                  I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Very cool. I would have been all over that Oogie for a buck. I think the sword looks a lot like the one with my matchbox Voltron. Very nice score. They're always missing or broken. That one is still shiny too.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

a few of my yard sale finds today. Nothing earthshaking but as always the hunt is the most fun! Not so many toys finds but a few here and there. I can never find anything at a flea market but I do ok at the yard and garage sales.

Yamaha RX-V492 Reciever $5. I don't know why but I'm always finding stereo stuff and hardly ever pass it by.

Lunchboxes $5 each.

Tuppertoys school bus 1987 MIB stickers are still sealed FREE. The old guy I got the lunchboxes from gave it to me. I think mainly becasue I stood there and talked with him for about 30-45 minutes. Before I walked away with the lunchboxes he said here you go. It was nice talking with you

1988 Mickey Mouse gumball machine $3

Simon game MIB $1

Old Budweiser crate from the 70s $5

Lost World Jurassic Park Sleeping Bag $1

1979 Hot Wheels Car Wash $1

and Finally a framed Superman poster. $5 probably not worth much but being framed I couldn't pass it up

Comment

• Saroyan
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 4, 2011

Supe poster is cool!!

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

You guys are finding some really cool stiff.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• steelcouch
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 11, 2006

Love the budweiser case. Reminds me of the old commercial with the horses.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

how about the country joe and steppenwolf in Z park in Austin??
                              nice signage there.

Comment

• rche
                                channeling Bob Wills
                                • Mar 26, 2008

and the Neca Oogie is AWESOME!!
                                That was a stupid expensive set when it came out and I was always a bit miffed that you could not get Oogie Boogie without Jack and a bunch of extra scratch. Nice score.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎