X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orlock
    Megohead Superdad
    • Feb 15, 2010

12 Inch Mego 1976 Wonder Woman Queen Hippolyte In Box All Original

Okay, I found this in a thrift store today and I honestly have no interest in it but thought someone else might and I could maybe make a buck at the same time. This is a 12 inch Mego 1976 Wonder Woman Queen Hippolyte in box, all original and complete. Still has clear plastic head wrap! Her shoes and the stand are included as well. The top and bottom factory tape is loose/open on the flaps but the top stays closed nicely and is surprisingly tight. The bottom has a tendency to pop out on one side though, but if displayed standing it isn't a problem. The box is in pretty nice shape and the colors are good. There is a slight curvature to the side panel however but not creased horribly, just a slight mark.

Unfortunately there are a few issues here, her right arm has apparently been glued back on at some point. The window has been broken through due to dryness it appears, and her feet are off at the ball joints but in her shoes, in the box.

I do not have a clue where to even begin to price this fairly. Parted out it is easily worth about $100.00 though I imagine between the doll itself, the dress, the shoes, the stand and the box. I'm lost here guys. If I'm wrong on anything or if you could help me get more pointed with the description it would be helpful. I've never done this before, I just buy the things I want for myself or on occasion something specific someone has asked for, much less never done it for profit. When I did sell in the past it was due to upgrades to my own items and then selling the older versions I had or just getting rid of things I was no longer interested in. Any help would be appreciated.

My Art/Photography Page For Commissions
    T-Shirts, Prints, and More for Sale
    My Personal Facebook
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Nice find. The arm might not be glued, but a victim of "Mego melt", where the plastic in the torso reacts badly with the rubber material of the arm. It's a common problem with these, as are the detached feet. Check the other arm and hips to see if there is a similar issue (and if the hips have the same problem, check to see if the clothes have "melted" into the body. It would be tricky to fix that but it can be done with care and know how)

At any rate, if it was me, I'd try to find a nice condition Mego female body (shouldn't be too difficult or expensive) and swap the body out. Then you would have a nice boxed specimen that would be worth at least $100-125, probably more, considering the condition of the box. I'm a bit rusty on the prices of these though. As it is now with the damaged body, I'd say it's worth at least $75 (depending on if the clothes are affected by the melt). The buyer would have to go to the trouble and expense of replacing the body, but the box is in really nice condition. Like I said, I may be a bit out of touch on my pricing, I was watching sales of this line around five years ago, but not sure if prices have picked up a bit since then.
    Last edited by cjefferys; Feb 23, '12, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Orlock
      Megohead Superdad
      • Feb 15, 2010

Okay cool. I'll definitely check it out. I'd be petrified in swapping the thing around...lol...
      My Personal Facebook

Comment

• Orlock
        Megohead Superdad
        • Feb 15, 2010

Answered all PMs...looks like this is moving along rather swiftly. Didn't expect offers coming in already! That's how you all beat me to the good deals in the Marketplace all the time...lol...Thanks everyone!
        My Personal Facebook

Comment

• Orlock
          Megohead Superdad
          • Feb 15, 2010

...and the sale is pending.
          My Personal Facebook

Comment