X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by bobws
    Either they are selling out on inventory or trying to make up funds for other reasons.
    Perhaps a little of both. They just purchased the KISS licensing so perhaps they are trying to make back some of their cash.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Maybe those KISS pre-orders aren't as plentiful as they had hoped. The one thing about KISS is it's brand name has saturated the market for years. Maybe general interest is down as a result? I have to believe if the money was coming in, they wouldn't have to adjust prices on existing inventory.

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

This may just be wishful thinking but MAYBE they have finally upgraded to better bodies and have to charge more.

Comment

• livnxxxl
          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Figuremod73
          This may just be wishful thinking but MAYBE they have finally upgraded to better bodies and have to charge more.
          That would be nice on the better body upgrade. I still do not think that they could compete with Doc Mego on the price and quality though.

Comment

• livnxxxl
            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
            Maybe those KISS pre-orders aren't as plentiful as they had hoped.
            I think that there are a lot of potential customers that are still a bit squeamish and are holding off on their purchase to see if the body is indeed better.

As for myself I wish they would hurry up and start shipping them already. I am a bit anxious to get my hands on them as if you could not tell.

Even if the body is crap I would still welcome the heads, costumes, accessories and put them on a real body as in a Doc Mego body that is.

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Oh come on! Who loves a good CTVT's body with their legs that are so crooked they can't stand up?
              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                I think that there are a lot of potential customers that are still a bit squeamish and are holding off on their purchase to see if the body is indeed better.

As for myself I wish they would hurry up and start shipping them already. I am a bit anxious to get my hands on them as if you could not tell.

Even if the body is crap I would still welcome the heads, costumes, accessories and put them on a real body as in a Doc Mego body that is.
                You pretty much summed up how a number of us feel. I think there is a wait and see attitude. And if they don't work out, there will be plenty of collector wolves available to scavenge the remains for customs.

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                  You got that right! I'm all set for whatever shows up. I removed the legs off the original MacFarlane KISS figures and plan to give the new CTVTs the Star Trek boot treatment. MEGO73 even made the KISS boxes in record time.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎