Price: $29.00

I can buy a Doc Mego body for $5.00!!!
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos
  • nobody
    banjo!
    • Jan 26, 2012

BUTTTTTTTTTT can you get that accurate I'm a superhero and I have to take a super whizz stance with a Dr.Mego? I think not!!

Comment

• stuart
      Hi-Yo Silver Away!
      • Jun 18, 2007

you're right - Doc's bodies are..... just too normal. I think having a body that refuses to stand is a great thing.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by megoknight
        BUTTTTTTTTTT can you get that accurate I'm a superhero and I have to take a super whizz stance with a Dr.Mego? I think not!!
        Nahh, but you can get the dislocated shoulder look.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Guess I'm not the only one who noticed the price hike on inventory.

Gotta pay for the KISS licensing some how, right?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

does anyone even still buy their bodies?
            has anyone gotten the new 12" bodies yet? any good?

Comment

• ddgaff1132
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 3, 2007

Well this is bad news. Its been a while since I ordered any Mego like figures from them. (I used to buy in bulk.$3 a body) The only thing CTVT's had going for it was the low price. For my budget that really helped. Lord knows it wasnt the quality!!! Now??? I dont know when I'll be able to restock raw material for customizing.
              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• spacecaps
                Second Mouse
                • Aug 24, 2011

I think the CTVT bodies are the only action figures in history that if you looked at them the wrong way, something broke on it. They could have marked that as a feature! Seriously, I have fine china thats more durable than that junk.
                "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  Megoholic RocketScientist
                  • Oct 23, 2007

As an avid customer of CTVT I have placed many of orders in the past. I had notice the price increases on a lot of their inventory a little while back. I mentioned before in another thread. I know that the new CTVT bodies are indeed better than the originals.

Having said that....

Doc's bodies are definitely the way to go and the price is definitely right for every collector, customizers budget.
                  Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Saroyan
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 4, 2011

I just got a few things from them... I got some Pirate boots for a Cap America I have scrapped together- they were red but so thin they were opaque! I could see the foot through the boot!

I have painted the boots red and they are much improved.

Fortunately I have been able to purchase a few Zica bodies- they are AWESOME!!

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

CTVT had complete figures for $5 for a long time. If you missed the boat - sorry about your luck. They are not mego quality bodies but for display, parts and accessories are worth everyy penny.

I see they have gone up in price. Such is supply and demand. If they don't sell at that price, they will come back down.

I didn't realize until now they are offeing EIGHT INCH Kiss! Wow.

I LOVE CTVT!!!!!!

They have reproduced many great figures, suplied us with MANY reproduction pieces and all at a dirt cheap price. Doc's (I love you but...) accessories are 5 times as much as CTVTs.

and if you are just looking for bodies - by original Mego. parts and lots are CHEAP! with basic skills you can assemble dirt cheap bodies.

Why are there still haters out there?

Doc pioneered repros, offers quality stuff, worked to license big names. CTV offers inexpensive stuff and offered cheap to license stuff.

Before both you had a gloveless batman and green arrow without a bow.

If you want to continue to get gifts - stop be otchin about CTVT
                      Last edited by Brue; Feb 22, '12, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Saroyan
                        I just got a few things from them... I got some Pirate boots for a Cap America I have scrapped together- they were red but so thin they were opaque! I could see the foot through the boot!

I have painted the boots red and they are much improved.

Fortunately I have been able to purchase a few Zica bodies- they are AWESOME!!
                        I think you mean translucent, not opaque.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

I too have bought CTVT figures and used the bodies and clothing,
                          but $6.00? Come on!
                          All the previous bodies have been disassembled over time and I've used the knee pins on Megos, and also the feet.
                          The rest of the pieces are in my storage bin.
                          I wouldn't spend $6 unless they have improved the quality,
                          but still Doc's are $5 so I'm going with his bodies!
                          Last edited by BATMAN89; Feb 23, '12, 8:41 AM.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Audiorij
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Nov 6, 2009

I bought the reproductions of the knights and king Arthur and they were soo poorly made I decided to never buy from them again. Have they improved at all after the knight repros were made?
                            My wants

Good Traders

Comment

• bobws
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 13, 2008

I've noticed all of the figure lines have gone up in price. Either they are selling out on inventory or trying to make up funds for other reasons.
                              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎