First time buyer saying hi and seeking help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hilde B
    • Feb 21, 2012

OK ... I'm glad to have provided a little comic relief. I didn't think it was funny at first, but I guess it is partly funny, but I still think it's pervy too. Who thinks of stuff like this? Seriously!

How much of the action figure can I replace and it still be considered Isis? Can I pop off the legs (they're hair-free), arms and head and just put those pieces on a different waist (and maybe a different torso too)? I'm a little nervous trying to take it apart and reassemble it ... that's why my first thought was to just try shaving it with a sharp blade or removing it with the Mego-equivalent of Nair, whatever that may be.

Some cool trivia: Jane Badler (Diana from V) was in a 1981 Nair commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOuT60caDtU

Comment

• Johnny
      Salty
      • Oct 1, 2003

The Howl Of The Wolfwoman

What a predicament. I truly empathize with you.
      Nothing like undressing a beautiful doll only to be
      faced with a jungle like situation.

Many of us were teenagers in the seventies, so trust me when I tell
      you we have been there.

Here is a link that may help you solve the challenging problem
      you have with your hirsute little action figure.

She will be back to Barbie standards in no time.

http://waxmybikini.com/services/for-dolls/

Good luck and try to keep your chin up during this trying time.

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Hilde B
        OK ... I'm glad to have provided a little comic relief. I didn't think it was funny at first, but I guess it is partly funny, but I still think it's pervy too. Who thinks of stuff like this? Seriously!

How much of the action figure can I replace and it still be considered Isis? Can I pop off the legs (they're hair-free), arms and head and just put those pieces on a different waist (and maybe a different torso too)? I'm a little nervous trying to take it apart and reassemble it ... that's why my first thought was to just try shaving it with a sharp blade or removing it with the Mego-equivalent of Nair, whatever that may be.

Some cool trivia: Jane Badler (Diana from V) was in a 1981 Nair commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOuT60caDtU
        I say cut the hair off the hooha and glue it on her face...immediately you have a Sampson Bible Greats Character...long hair...bracelets...sandals...head band...it's all there. Plus with the WW you found you could slap a dress on her and you've got a ready made Delilah to go with your Sampson - a two-pack similar to the Walton's figures.

We've got some great Repro Box members here, I'm sure they could hook you up. These are only suggestions. BTW - a picture would be really helpful, unless you can't find any batteries for your camera?

-Just a Regular Joe
        Last edited by megomania; Feb 24, '12, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Don't change a thing. If it kept us entertained for 4 pages, the odds are pretty good it will strike the fancy of some collector when you go to sell it.

In the meantime, I'd keep her clothes on... you don't want to give the other figures ideas.

Comment

• Brad
            Batman Fanatic
            • Aug 20, 2010

Welcome to the Museum! Isis is one of my favorite Megos so I am sorry to hear that some weirdo did this to an Isis figure. If it were mine I would most definitely try and figure out a way to (not sure how to word this nicely) "debush" her.

Without trying to sound disgusting you may try removing as much of it as possible then use something like Goo Gone to remove any left over adhesive.
            "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• torgospizza
              Theocrat of Pan Tang
              • Aug 19, 2010

Like Thor, she is in good enough shape, but when I was unpacking everything I came across something that troubles me.
              That would probably trouble me a bit, too. Don't feel bad.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably try to get rid of the offending matter after trying to discern how it's adhered. Maybe Goo Gone might help loosen it, making it easier to clean up. If you were going to sell it on eBay, I'd explain in delicate terms what the deal was and you tried to fix it. She has panties, anyway--I doubt you'll hurt it too much trying to fix it.

People are weird--when I was six, I drew some chesticles on my little sister's Mrs. Beasley doll. Didn't go over well.

Comment

• Hilde B
                • Feb 21, 2012

Thanks for the helpful feedback. I was starting to worry that those requests for pictures were serious! I'm glad that I haven't misjudged you guys, but it was a near thing.

So Goo-Gone sounds like a good first step. Is there anything to worry about, such as discoloration or worse? If this is as basic as it sounds, I'll start there.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

goo gone can be purchased in any hardware store

Comment

• Brad
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Aug 20, 2010

I don't believe Goo Gone will do any harm. I have used it many times before and never had it harm whatever I was using it on.
                    "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Thanks for the helpful feedback. I was starting to worry that those requests for pictures were serious! I'm glad that I haven't misjudged you guys, but it was a near thing.

So Goo-Gone sounds like a good first step. Is there anything to worry about, such as discoloration or worse? If this is as basic as it sounds, I'll start there.
                      I was serious. Pictures please.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 18, 2008

Yeah i must agree, not in a perv way at all but i would like to see some pics.

Comment

• Hilde B
                          • Feb 21, 2012

OK, here's a little video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

I hope you're happy now ...

Comment

• MegoMark71
                            Permanent Member
                            • Dec 18, 2008

You are not funny. My ears bleed.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

now then, don't give it all away at once.

Comment

• megomania
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jan 2, 2010

Uh-oh...we've been Rick

I'm going to take it you don't have an Isis that was compromised...

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎