Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which KISS scale will you be buying? 8 or 12 inch figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delusional B
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 14, 2007

Originally posted by pmjlghrs
    Speaking of Sir Paul, I'd really love to see someone go after licensing a line of 8" Beatles. Think of the waves: Beatlemania collarless suits, Help/Rubber Soul/Revolver era look, Sgt Pepper uniforms, White Album/Hey Jude/Get Back era
    In the most recent Megomuseum Podcast (I think that's where I heard it) Jason Lenzi of Bif Bang Pow! expresses how much he'd love to do the Beatles as Megos in all eras and costumes. However, he goes on to mention that the Beatles will only allow likenesses of their cartoon personas (ie. Yellow Submarine or Beatles Saturday cartoon show) like McFarlane did a few years back. For whatever reason, they won't allow licensing for realistic likenesses. This must apply to Beatles stuff only, though, since NECA produced realistic solo John Lennon figures.
    Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
      Mighty Man/Monster Maker
      • Aug 14, 2007

IF...and its a big if, if I was going to get them, I'd probably get the 8 inchers. i don't know, though, if I'm that into KISS.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
      https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• pmjlghrs
        • Oct 28, 2010

Originally posted by Delusional B
        In the most recent Megomuseum Podcast (I think that's where I heard it) Jason Lenzi of Bif Bang Pow! expresses how much he'd love to do the Beatles as Megos in all eras and costumes. However, he goes on to mention that the Beatles will only allow likenesses of their cartoon personas (ie. Yellow Submarine or Beatles Saturday cartoon show) like McFarlane did a few years back. For whatever reason, they won't allow licensing for realistic likenesses. This must apply to Beatles stuff only, though, since NECA produced realistic solo John Lennon figures.
        That may be true now, but it hasn't been that way forever. They did a Hallmark ornament set back in 1994 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Ed Sullivan performance. In the late 1987 there was a tremendous set of porcelain dolls done for "it was 20 years ago today" Sgt Pepper. Those, of course are super rare and very expensive when you can find a set. We can only hope that Paul will only open it up and allow it to happen again in the future.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

When are the KISS guys set to be in the hand of the buyers? I want to see pics.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

I'll probably get an 8-inch set. The only thing that would push me to buy the 12 inchers is if the figures had a lot more detail and the price wasn't crazy.

I could see a lot of custom potential with the 8 inch figures.

Is this set based off the Love Gun costumes or Destroyer? To me the Destroyer costumes were the best. I also think Dressed to kill figures would be cool, but I doubt I would buy an extra set for them.

1964, Sgt Peppers and Abbey Road Beatles figures would be great and bought by me if realistic or semi-realistic head sculpts could be licensed.

Heck, I would go for a whole line of Mego Rock and Roll figures. How cool would it be to have a Jimmie Hendrix or Bob Dylan or a Bruce Springsteen. Music chips could be inserted.

I'd buy a set of the Eagles as mundane looking as they were in the 70s because i like there music. They would make good hippies for my super heroes to bust, beat up or save. But I'd probably be the only one.

Comment

• pmjlghrs
              • Oct 28, 2010

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Paul's issue with realistic figures has to do with the Hasbro fiasco with Elvis. Way overproduced, overpriced, and when they were closed out at $10 when originally $50, retailers and Hasbro got nailed.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

Definitely the 8 inch. I don't care for 12 inch figures.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

8 inch

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

With so many wanting the eight inch format, I wonder if CTVT were able to configure production based on what they thought they would sale of each format or if they simply had to order the same amount of each?

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                      House of a thousand Megos
                      • Aug 10, 2009

All of the CTVT stuff has gone up in price, Have they improved their bodies or do they still fall apart? I think the brown body was like 8 bucks and 6 for a white body, now unless they are better than Doc's which last time I checked they are not I wouldn't pay that much for anything they have. Their clothing are good and heads but the bodies no. Doc has his stuff cheap and it's built to last. CTVT has good rubber bands inside the bodies though. Sorry for getting into an analization. But I might buy 8 inch If they are cheaper
                      Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Trappy Trek Freak
                        All of the CTVT stuff has gone up in price, Have they improved their bodies or do they still fall apart? I think the brown body was like 8 bucks and 6 for a white body, now unless they are better than Doc's which last time I checked they are not I wouldn't pay that much for anything they have. Their clothing are good and heads but the bodies no. Doc has his stuff cheap and it's built to last. CTVT has good rubber bands inside the bodies though. Sorry for getting into an analization. But I might buy 8 inch If they are cheaper
                        The word is CTVT has a new manufacturer for these KISS bodies and they are greatly improved. What that means (or doesn't mean) remains to be seen. When the reviews hit, we will know how good they are.

Comment

• Captain_Dan
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Dec 19, 2010

I'll most likely just get the 8 inch, maybe get the 12 down the road. Does anyone know if they will sell these at Spencers, they sell alot of KISS stuff there.

Comment

• Bkane
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jan 27, 2010

8 inch, since that's the only scale I'm really interested in. I was always dissapointed that they only made 12 inch back in the day.

The only 12 inch figure I have is Hulk, because the 12 inch Hulk is more appropriate than the 7 inch fiasco Mego gave us.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎