Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
capbanner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone know how to retrieve deleted pics from your hard drive?

Images

anyone know how to retrieve deleted pics from your hard drive?

Kind of like what the FBI does when they take your PC away....I had my Warrior collectors site and it was taken down cause someone complained but I had all my pics of all of the stuff that I had found thru out the years..my wife deleted everything is there anyway to get those back? how far back can you go back? thanx guys
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Blog Entries
    Do a system restore.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Do a system restore.
    I hadn't touched my PC since I got my laptop and the last possible restore time is 8 months ago, she deleted them like 2 years ago..thanx man

When you delete files from your hard drive, it doesn't really eliminate the file, it just alters the directory of the drive to tell it that the space the file is using is free and removes the availability of your system to access it. There is software that will scan your drive and give you a list of all files that are deleted and can be reaccessed. The more stuff you put on your drive since it was deleted, the more chance you have of that free space being utilized and the file being overwritten enough to be unrecoverable. I have had some success in the past using Norton's disk utilities to recover deleted files, but not a whole lot. And that was many many moons ago. I don't know what software is out there anymore. I keep so many backups of my files that I haven't had to rely on retrieval software for maybe 10-15 years. Maybe google file recovery software and see what's out there. Good luck D.

Quote Originally Posted by toys2cool View Post
    I hadn't touched my PC since I got my laptop and the last possible restore time is 8 months ago, she deleted them like 2 years ago..thanx man
    You will probably not be able to access files deleted 2 years ago. Unless you haven't used the computer much since then

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by megoapesnut View Post
    When you delete files from your hard drive, it doesn't really eliminate the file, it just alters the directory of the drive to tell it that the space the file is using is free and removes the availability of your system to access it. There is software that will scan your drive and give you a list of all files that are deleted and can be reaccessed. The more stuff you put on your drive since it was deleted, the more chance you have of that free space being utilized and the file being overwritten enough to be unrecoverable. I have had some success in the past using Norton's disk utilities to recover deleted files, but not a whole lot. And that was many many moons ago. I don't know what software is out there anymore. I keep so many backups of my files that I haven't had to rely on retrieval software for maybe 10-15 years. Maybe google file recovery software and see what's out there. Good luck D.
    thanx bro, yea I googled it and there are a ton of softwares that claim to do it...but I don't know if I trust any of those looks like an easy way to get a virus

Quote Originally Posted by megoapesnut View Post
    You will probably not be able to access files deleted 2 years ago. Unless you haven't used the computer much since then
    ^ This. Probably overwritten a long time ago.

Backup. Backup. Backup.

^I have said the magic word three times. You will backup your hard drive from this day forth, lest ye summon the wrath of the hardware (and/or meatware) failure demons.
    Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Images
    years after i decided to abandon my site, i found images on the wayback machine.
    unfortunately I searched yours and only found text
    ultimatewarriorcollection on wayback

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Big Trousers View Post
    ^ This. Probably overwritten a long time ago.

Backup. Backup. Backup.

^I have said the magic word three times. You will backup your hard drive from this day forth, lest ye summon the wrath of the hardware (and/or meatware) failure demons.
    Not fully true. In some cases I was able to get pics back on peoples pc's going back as far as 3-4 years prior.

at any rate
    easeus makes very good software for this which I have used on a number of occasions
    http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywi...y-software.htm

and a friend of mine used this one with good results:
    http://www.winundelete.com/?rid=google&kid=wu0408
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Images
    i had to lose data twice before i dedicated an external hard drive to Time Machine back up.
    i lost school work, personal files, video clips and lots of irreplaceable photos.

let one loss be your number.

PS - don't get false hopes on a system restore. it is uncommon and unlikely (unless, as stated you didn't use the computer much)