Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mego Museum Podcast: Toyfair 2012 Wrap up

Megomuseum News Mego Museum Podcast: Toyfair 2012 Wrap up

Mego Museum Podcast: Itís Toy Fair Week. Brian and Scott are joined by EMCE Hammer to chat about Comic Book Men, a Batcave from JCPenney, and all the marvelous ReMego stuff from Toy Fair. Special interview with Jason Lenzi of BifBangPow about the latest in Dr Who, Venture Bros., SMDM and Battlestar Galactica.
    http://www.megomuseum.com/podcast/podcasttoyfair12.mp3

Show Recap & Handy Links:

Brian and Scott mentioned that Toy Hunters is coming back for a full season and Kevin Smithís Comic Book Men debuted on AMC last week and featured Mego figures.

The Auction Watch segment revolved around this Mego Batcave in original JC Penney mailer box.

Yeti Roosevelt and Algore were two*favourites from Heroes in Actionís series of Presidential Monsters.

This figure of Sylvester Stallone in the Diamond Select booth had megoheads talking.

Steve mentioned that Spectre Toys is doing another run of Barnabas from Dark Shadows.

The EMCE toys/Diamond Select Creature from the Black Lagoon was the belle of the ball this year.

Both Brian and Scott are fans of Jasonís podcast Geek Shall Inherit

Brian mentions the Encyclopedia Galactica at one point.

Lucifer was one of the surprise reveals at Toy Fair this year.

Three villains in this yearís Doctor Who [...]

More...

Images
    I see that a 2nd run of Barnabas is in the works. What about new DS stuff???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanWolfman View Post
    I see that a 2nd run of Barnabas is in the works. What about new DS stuff???
    It was shown at Toyfair somewhere, combine that with the new movie and maybe we'll see a Quentin.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    It was shown at Toyfair somewhere, combine that with the new movie and maybe we'll see a Quentin.
    Man, I hope so. I really dig this line. A new DVD set which has all the episodes in a coffin shaped box is just being released also.

Images
    Looking forward to listening to this one.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Images
    Blog Entries
    Screen shot of EE Spectre Toys section:

Great episode!

That was some damn-good pod....damn good. Thank you. Luv the Toy Fair recap w/BBP! After all these years there was only one Lucifer available and now we might get 2. Amazing.

Sorry about the head size post but I did preface it with: "I'm sure BBP is on top of this but...." Okay. Now get your bars of soap and pillowcase. I'd rather have sore abs than an oversized retro head.

Great episode and I can't wait for the next one. Luv'd the Mark Leonard story! Also, luv'd hearing about the 30-year-old contracts.
    Last edited by Chris; Feb 17, '12 at 10:03 PM.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Listening now. I think it's cool that you guys can wander off into other topics other than purely Mego, particularly since the MM has evolved in the range of things that are discussed here. Great to hear Steve's voice on there as well.
    Last edited by samurainoir; Feb 17, '12 at 3:01 PM.

Images
    Great podcast, guys.