No interest has been expressed - if we can't get retailers to take a
    chance on Nurse Chapel or the Orion Slave Girl - I don't see how
    Spock's mom and dad would make it.

When Playmates did the 5 inch they had a long relationship with
    their factory and was able to get very small runs done to satisfy
    fan requests.

Since a lot of factories in China have shut down over having to
    pay for safety certification after the lead paint scandal - the ones
    that survived are not willing to do small runs.

Quote Originally Posted by magyar1964 View Post
    Hey Doc, I was wondering if there has been any talk, interest or ANY chance in he( double hockey sticks ) of a Classic Sarek and Amanda??

Well... after all the exciting reveals from NYTF earlier in the week now this discouraging news. I for one am not interested in buying Kirk and Spock over and over again in new outfits. As nice as the Mirror Universe figures look I thought to myself when I saw them, " well.. we've finally reached the point where DST is gonna give us Kirk and Spock every year in new outfits instead of new characters. " I did plan to go ahead and buy them to support the line in hopes of still getting Vina ( my most wanted classic Trek figure ), Chapel, the 3 original Mego aliens that have not been reproed yet ( Neptunian, Original Gorn and Talos ) and hopefully even Rand and Marlena Moreau one day. If they would offer these characters teamed with all the different Kirks and Spocks I think it would work. Maybe they could offer them as very limited con exclusives in San Diego or NY. This gives me that same discouraging feeling I felt when Mattel cancelled RA.

Too bad, I'd rather have new originals like Vina, Rand or Chapel than copies of existing figures with a new costume cause basically that's what these Mirror Mirror figures are. Not sure yet if I'll buy them.
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

I agree. Rather see new characters than Kirk & Spock all over again.

Images
    I'm a sucker when it comes to Kirk & Spock...I'll buy them.

If all we are going to get from classic Trek is Kirk and Spock over and over again with no completely new characters I would rather just see the line end. Don't get me wrong, this line is my ALL time favorite Re-Mego line ( side by side with POTA ) but I would rather see DST concentrate on all new characters from STTNG instead of classic Trek in this case.

Blog Entries
    My hope is that now that DST is making Bride of Frankenstein and as the economy
    improves, we may be able to re-visit putting Chapel, Rand, and Vina in a future
    assortment. As long as DST has the Trek license, it's possible - not a certainty -
    but considering how much of a long shot this whole thing has been over the past
    6 years, I refuse to give up hope.

I appreciate your encouragement and positive attitude Paul. Regardless of disappointments like this what you have done so far is awesome and I appreciate the fact that we even have Re-Mego figures now thanks to you. Myself and others here realize that you do not have control over companies like Mattel, DST, 20th Century Fox or Paramount and though we won't support all the bad decisions of these companies we will continue to support you.

Quote Originally Posted by drmego View Post
    My hope is that now that DST is making Bride of Frankenstein and as the economy
    improves, we may be able to re-visit putting Chapel, Rand, and Vina in a future
    assortment. As long as DST has the Trek license, it's possible - not a certainty -
    but considering how much of a long shot this whole thing has been over the past
    6 years, I refuse to give up hope.
    I know of several non-Trek fans planning on buying Vina to make She-Hulk customs.
    I was gonna buy two just for that purpose. Maybe a shredded white dress in the next zombie kit? Hint hint!

Images
    I was just on YouTube watching Doc talk about these at the 2010 SDCC. I figure we've waited that long,what's a little while longer?