X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

TOS

Although I am upset, I am glad the line is still moving forward. I like the opposite Kirk and Spock, they are not different versions of the same characters, they are two different characters.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by drogge
      Although I am upset, I am glad the line is still moving forward. I like the opposite Kirk and Spock, they are not different versions of the same characters, they are two different characters.
      If I remember the episode correctly, Spock is a different character, where Kirk is just wearing a costume.

But I think they look great and will be happy to add them to my collection.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by samurainoir
        I'm kind of surprised to hear folks that want original Gorn, Neptunian and Talos over more show accurate versions. But I guess that is the power of nostalgia, particularly in the pre-video, pre-on demand age. Other than the cartoon version that kinda sorta but not really Neptunian.

With Trek variants beginning, and a precedence of at least Shatner giving his approval on the new TZ figure(s), I'd love to see the bridge crew in movie uniforms with new sculpts. I think this would be the sweet spot for nostalgia. Movie Khan. Movie Klingons.
        I'd pass on the original Mego Gorn. But for some reason, I love the Neptunian.
        LOVE to see movie versions...starting with TMP. With the first movie you wouldn't really need new head sculpts either(just a mustache added to Scotty). Then of course a ST:2 figures in the red uniforms, with a movie Khan!
        sigpic

Comment

• drogge
          Career Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

TOS

Originally posted by pmwasson
          If I remember the episode correctly, Spock is a different character, where Kirk is just wearing a costume.

But I think they look great and will be happy to add them to my collection.
          I thought it was an alternative dimension in which a different Spock and Kirk exsisted in both?

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

I would have bought Vina and Chapel (and Rand and Trelane and Sarek and Kor and anybody else they could think of).
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

I want the original Mego versions of the Gorn, Talos and Neptunian to complete my set of original Mego Trek. I do prefer more screen accurate versions of the aliens but I still want the originals that I had and loved as a child. I don't want to have to buy originals of those three just to complete my set. Besides, they are very hard to find in perfect condition and I am very picky about figure and card condition plus the cards would not match with the EMCE repros. I am all for continuing the line with different characters and more screen accurate versions but we need those three gaps filled.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                Career Member
                • Nov 29, 2003

It would be absolutely great, if the TOS characters, the Captain Dunsel sculpted years ago would be made available. At least sceen accurate TOS Klingons and Romulans plus some other characters.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by drogge
                  I thought it was an alternative dimension in which a different Spock and Kirk exsisted in both?
                  But it was our universe Kirk that was in the alternate dimension with the "other" Spock. The alternative dimension Kirk ( alone with McCoy, Scottie and Uhura ) is only seen when he is being thrown into the brig.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
                    It would be absolutely great, if the TOS characters, the Captain Dunsel sculpted years ago would be made available. At least sceen accurate TOS Klingons and Romulans plus some other characters.
                    Indeed. You have existing prototypes! I would love to see that Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln two pack get mass produced.

Comment

• Tothiro
                      Kitten Mittens
                      • Aug 28, 2008

I was looking forward to these too, and hope they get another shot, but what the hell do I know? I'm the guy who would still be yelling, "Shut up and take my money!" at a Rand and Leslie wave.

I get the sense from Toy Fair press that J and P might be feeling burnt out a bit on the format. I sure hope it ain't so. Especially with all the awesome stuff coming out this year.
                      Seems to me the "what else is left to be done?" question is answered with more recent properties... I mean, yeah, the Trekiverse is still largely untapped, and will probably make some bank for DST, but there are still huge fan bases for other properties that "might" intersect.

Fringe, Firefly (Cult, I know), Supernatural... most of these could be taken care of with one solid wave and get four principals out to market on each property, which would hit the high notes. I don't know the fiscal reality of wrangling those rights on more limited basis or how that would cross market, I'm just saying there's lots of stuff out there *(and hey, it's no weirder than a Dexter Mego imo). Blaxploitation is under-tapped... And what ever happened to the Kung-Fu Masters line that was being prototyped for DVD pack ins?
                      If the 80's kids are truly being left out, may I suggest a Big Trouble in Little China mego set?

I hope DST continues ST as a boutique line with just a pair of figures a year or so (like Uni Monsters) because maybe that's the way to keep them going for the long haul... I do hope they flip back to Original Series every now and again between Next Gen and what have you.
                      Last edited by Tothiro; Feb 24, '12, 7:37 PM.

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

J and P are not burned out - we love megos - but that doesn't mean we have to
                        do ONLY that. For a company to thrive, it has to look beyond just one way
                        of doing things. MEGO did not live by 8 inch alone.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Tothiro
                          Kitten Mittens
                          • Aug 28, 2008

Sir, you talk pretty.

I'm still on the line for some zombie rack toys so I can recreate my favorite scenes from FIDO. (Zombie vs Army curtains... I would hang them.)

Comment

• Captain
                            Fighting the good fight!
                            • Jun 17, 2001

Crushed to hear about Chapel and Vina, but at least the line soldiers on
                            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Hamonrye
                              • Jan 4, 2008

Bummer news. But I echo those here who are just happy we got new Mego Trek at all.

Doc, I know there are things you can't discuss, and that our collective armchair quarterbacking has got to get on your nerves now and then, but I'm curious-- was the protracted approval on Vina's costume the primary delay? It seems as if a Salt Vampire/Chapel wave would have made more thematic sense, and perhaps made a Pike/Vina wave more attractive to vendors.

Comment

• drmego
                                EMCE Toys
                                • Jun 15, 2001

Retailers were not willing to commit to the women so DST put the two
                                stronger characters - Pike and the Salt Vampire - together. Even those
                                were not big sellers, given that most retailers were cautious about
                                buying non-returnable merchandise in a bad economy.
                                www.drmego.com
                                www.megoman.com
                                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎