Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

I wasnt excited at all when I saw the mirror characters, I certainly would of prefered characters which hadnt been done. I may pickup the mirror ones, if I find a really decent price, and Ive got some spare cash. The salt monster has to be my favourite till now from this line.

Comment

• bobws
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 13, 2008

I wanted Vina and Chapel more than Pike and Salty! They should have put them out the correct way, with Pike and Vina and then Chapel with Salty. That way only one female character per set. I've been dying for them to be made so that Rand would be announced next! Hey , i want Lt Leslie and Mr. Kyle figures made! Plus we still have aliens to be made like a Tellerite. I do like the Mirror figures but don't just want to see reissues of figures we have with new suits. i hope they get a Marlena Moreau figure out. If i had the money i'd sponsor the ladies to be made.
      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

I was really hoping to add these two charcters to my collection. I hope Emce will find another route. At this point I'd settle for a kitbash and buy from DM directly.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
          House of a thousand Megos
          • Aug 10, 2009

It would be cool to have Chapel, Leslie, Kyle, DeSalle, Hadley, Galloway, Boma, and then make some Phase II characters in TOS uniforms Decker, Ilia, and Xon.
          Oh yeah, have Captain Pike all burned up in the yes no box on wheels as an R/C vehicle with working lights!!!
          Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Very much sad news to hear that no Orion slave girl will be offered. Was hoping to see Vina or Marta made after all these years.
            I do hope to see an Orion down the road but in the interim I'll settle for a custom or kit if made available.

Comment

• THE FALCON
              Career Member
              • Jan 2, 2011

Wouldn't it be nice if Doc offered a beehive female head for a custom Rand?

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

I'm not sure why, but I'm feeling quietly optimistic that these will eventually see the light of day. Again, I agree with others that they might have better luck by splitting the girls up with some more popular figures.

I waited patiently for Night of the Living Dead series 2, and was happy to see those come back round.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by boynightwing
                  They could have done a 2 pack of McCoy in dress uniform with Chapel.

Instead of Vina, they could retool her into Marta and do a Lord Garth/Marta 2 pack which I would buy in a heart beat. Then they could also use her head sculpt for Batgirl.
                  Or better yet, McCoy in med tunic!

I would always choose Mart over Vina, & maybe CBS would OK her molded hair & different costume?

Additionally, due to her Craig-Batgirl vibe, maybe fanboy orders would be better for Marta...
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                    Megoholic RocketScientist
                    • Oct 23, 2007

I know it is definitely not the end of the world, but it is a bummer. Perhaps we will still see them appear some time in the future.
                    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Or better yet, McCoy in med tunic!
                      That's what I was thinking of when I said they should split Chapel and Vina.

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

No interest has been expressed - if we can't get retailers to take a
                        chance on Nurse Chapel or the Orion Slave Girl - I don't see how
                        Spock's mom and dad would make it.

When Playmates did the 5 inch they had a long relationship with
                        their factory and was able to get very small runs done to satisfy
                        fan requests.

Since a lot of factories in China have shut down over having to
                        pay for safety certification after the lead paint scandal - the ones
                        that survived are not willing to do small runs.

Originally posted by magyar1964
                        Hey Doc, I was wondering if there has been any talk, interest or ANY chance in he( double hockey sticks ) of a Classic Sarek and Amanda??
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

Well... after all the exciting reveals from NYTF earlier in the week now this discouraging news. I for one am not interested in buying Kirk and Spock over and over again in new outfits. As nice as the Mirror Universe figures look I thought to myself when I saw them, " well.. we've finally reached the point where DST is gonna give us Kirk and Spock every year in new outfits instead of new characters. " I did plan to go ahead and buy them to support the line in hopes of still getting Vina ( my most wanted classic Trek figure ), Chapel, the 3 original Mego aliens that have not been reproed yet ( Neptunian, Original Gorn and Talos ) and hopefully even Rand and Marlena Moreau one day. If they would offer these characters teamed with all the different Kirks and Spocks I think it would work. Maybe they could offer them as very limited con exclusives in San Diego or NY. This gives me that same discouraging feeling I felt when Mattel cancelled RA.

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Too bad, I'd rather have new originals like Vina, Rand or Chapel than copies of existing figures with a new costume cause basically that's what these Mirror Mirror figures are. Not sure yet if I'll buy them.
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• THE FALCON
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 2, 2011

I agree. Rather see new characters than Kirk & Spock all over again.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

I'm a sucker when it comes to Kirk & Spock...I'll buy them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎