Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I'd have bought them over the Mirror Mirror guys, I really don't want them one bit.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• puckace
      Museum Super Collector
      • Feb 5, 2009

I would have bought both of these. Rand as well. Too bad!

I'm not interested in the Mirror figures. I don't want multiple Spocks, Kirks, or Picards for that matter. Happy for those that do though.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

I'll probably buy the Mirror figures but won't be doing Next Generation. I REALLY wish that Chapel, Vina and especially a Rand figure get made someday.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Its all good. Whatever keeps the line alive if fine by me. I think a Mirror-Mirror Uhura would be great!
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Mego Magyar
            Permanent Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

Hey Doc, I was wondering if there has been any talk, interest or ANY chance in he( double hockey sticks ) of a Classic Sarek and Amanda??

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I do like the "Mirror, Mirror" variants; I just wish they could be paired with other aliens/crew.

There are still several wonderful Brady sculpts, Mudd, etc.

I'm sorry to hear that CBS is so difficult to work with.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

to bad ,i was looking forward to these two ,i would have bought a couple sets easy,i ordered the barbara & and karen cooper figure ,why would diamond select invest money in these two ? and not vina & chaple from a much more popular property ,it kind of leaves your collection with a hole ,those being pictured but never produced,the mirror figures are nice ,and ill get them ,but without these two gals and perhaps rand ,its like whatever,i will also get the next generation ,hopefully without holes .

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 15, 2010

This really sux. If there was such a problem with Vina, then cancel Vina but not Nurse Chapel, too!

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• teddyk
                    • Feb 24, 2008

So sad! Nurse Chapel has been my most wanted classic Trek Mego ever since they announced Sulu and Chekov. And I would certainly buy Vina as well (I remember Dr. Mego saying that Kirk needs a green hottie on his arm, and I agree!).

I hope there is still a chance for a retailer to take these on. Would it ever be possible for multiple retailers to join forces on something like this? - A shared exclusive? Would it be worthwhile for us fans to write to some of the possible companies (Big Bad Toy Store?) to express our interest in Chapel and Vina?

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
                      CBS gave us such a hard time with Vina's costume that I started to think they
                      did not want to see it made. It pains me to say it, but lots of retailers have
                      been offered Rand and Chapel two-packs but no one has the money to go
                      for it in quantity - and it's not worth it for DST to make a small number.

Diamond has been trying to get some of the larger retailers to take them
                      as exclusives but no one wants them enough to put their money up.
                      Thanks for the news Doc, bummer as it may be. Knowing retailer perception of Kirk & Spock being the only real sellers, would a Mirror Kirk & Vina pairing fair better? Or Mirror Spock & Chapel combo?

Comment

• Timothy2251
                        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                        • Mar 15, 2008

Shucks! Was looking forward to both figures, especially Chapel. Poopie! :(
                        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• boynightwing
                          That Carl Guy
                          • Apr 24, 2002

They could have done a 2 pack of McCoy in dress uniform with Chapel.

Instead of Vina, they could retool her into Marta and do a Lord Garth/Marta 2 pack which I would buy in a heart beat. Then they could also use her head sculpt for Batgirl.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 24, 2009

Bummer. I would really love to have seen these made. Perhaps they could be paired up with a popular character as has been suggested? Oh, I still would love to see Rand made as well!

Comment

• jetzjungle
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jul 25, 2011

I kinda wish they would have chopped it up and Did a Mirror Spock with Vina and Mirror Kirk with Chapel to even it out!

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                                Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                                • Mar 3, 2010

I want my cake & i wanna eat it too...I want both Vina, Chapel, & both Mirror Mirror characters..... I want an Oompa Loompa NOW daddy.....
                                Galaxy Explorer

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎