• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
    How Posable is Batman ?
    .... This is what really keeps me from the Purchase .
    Hey Jason. He actually has alot more mobility than you would think. I took some uncharacteristic poses to illustrate what he can do.

In this shot those arms are completely support free. And the legs have good mobility. With the arms you can safely swing them up to his chest (like he's pointing a gun). Better than what I could say for my Hot Toys Cap!

The bend at knees are quite good. And they hold.

The back of his outfit is made from an entirely different material which allows his costume to 'give' as you pose him. I think this is the key to why he poses well. And he has good flexibility in the waist. When you bend him in that run pose, it holds and the outfit buckles where is needs to accommodate the pose without fighting it. There is no strain on the outfit and no signs of fatigue where it bent so the outfit seems quite strong.

The front chest area is a singular mold, but it's flexible and I had no issues moving his arms. Now clearly you can't raise them over his head. But you have plenty of mobility within the context of what you could possibly want.

And I have no issues with "oil leakage". That is weird. I don't even know where that could come from on him. I understand your concerns and I had them too. But I was pleasantly surprised when I got him. The Hot Toys folks seem to keep raising the bar on how to make a better figure. They have definitely done it here. Let me know if there's a pose you want to see him in and I will take it for you. I think he's a great purchase. And like I said, he moves CONSIDERABLY better than my Hot Toys Cap. I'm still miffed about that.

Comment

• Delusional B
      Museum Super Collector
      • Nov 14, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
      And I have no issues with "oil leakage". That is weird. I don't even know where that could come from on him. I understand your concerns and I had them too. But I was pleasantly surprised when I got him. The Hot Toys folks seem to keep raising the bar on how to make a better figure.

That's good to hear that yours looks fine. The theory, at this point, is that the plastic of the belt is, somehow, incompatible with the rubber of suit. When they make contact for a period of time, it causes the rubber to breakdown and begin to ooze an oily substance. On the Batman DX02, it started out as a small spot that would keep leaking oil. Over time, while the owner would continue to dab the oil away, the rubber would deteriorate and dry up leaving a nasty looking or "eaten away" area on the rubber costume. Recently, one of the thread posters left the belt off his Keaton figure for a day or two but the suit still seemed to become oily in the same spot. So, who knows?

I was relieved when this new one came out to hear that Hot Toys was using a different rubber that probably wouldn't have the same problems. So, I'm not happy to hear that it may be happening again. The jury's still out but with the premium price that Hot Toys is asking for these figures, there should be zero problems... especially the type of problems that have shown up before that they should have addressed and fully tested before making another figure with a rubber suit. Of course, nothing's perfect and there will always be flaws in items but something like this where the figure automatically self-destructs is a deal-breaker. I hope the problems being documented on the Sideshow boards are very isolated incidents.
      Last edited by Delusional B; Mar 25, '12, 4:49 PM.
      Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• torgospizza
        Theocrat of Pan Tang
        • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Delusional B
        I've got one of these on pre-order. There's a thread on Sideshow Freaks that's blown up in the last two days on this figure starting to leak oil under the belt like the DX02.
        I saw that, too. Some of the guys think it's glue residue, though. Fingers crossed. I just checked mine, and it's fine. Dry as a bone, and I had him since Sideshow's first batch went out.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

That's good to hear that yours looks fine. The theory, at this point, is that the plastic of the belt is, somehow, incompatible with the rubber of suit. When they make contact for a period of time, it causes the rubber to breakdown and begin to ooze an oily substance. On the Batman DX02, it started out as a small spot that would keep leaking oil. Over time, while the owner would continue to dab the oil away, the rubber would deteriorate and dry up leaving a nasty looking or "eaten away" area on the rubber costume. Recently, one of the thread posters left the belt off his Keaton figure for a day or two but the suit still seemed to become oily in the same spot. So, who knows?

I was relieved when this new one came out to hear that Hot Toys was using a different rubber that probably wouldn't have the same problems. So, I'm not happy to hear that it may be happening again. The jury's still out but with the premium price that Hot Toys is asking for these figures, there should be zero problems... especially the type of problems that have shown up before that they should have addressed and fully tested before making another figure with a rubber suit. Of course, nothing's perfect and there will always be flaws in items but something like this where the figure automatically self-destructs is a deal-breaker. I hope the problems being documented on the Sideshow boards are very isolated incidents.
          Interesting! That explains something I had wondered about on this figure. Look at photo 4. The material behind the belt is different than the rest of the suit. I was wondering why that was. I bet what you said is exactly why that is there. I love this figure though. It's right there with Sparrow in terms of likeness and quality.

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Thanks for the Added Pics Tom...
            I wasn't sure if the Dude even moved by all of the Non-posed Pics on the Net.

I'll probably get him sometime this year ...., but there's 4 purchases I am currently trying to afford as I write this as well.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Delusional B
              Museum Super Collector
              • Nov 14, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
              Interesting! That explains something I had wondered about on this figure. Look at photo 4. The material behind the belt is different than the rest of the suit. I was wondering why that was. I bet what you said is exactly why that is there. I love this figure though. It's right there with Sparrow in terms of likeness and quality.
              From what I understand, that's black paper that is intended to be removed when you unpack the figure. However, it might be a good idea to just leave it there, like you have.

I've been completely blown away by the images I've seen of this figure. Uncanny likeness!! This has been my dream Hot Toys figure ever since Hot Toys started doing Batman figures at such an exceptional level.
              Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• Delusional B
                Museum Super Collector
                • Nov 14, 2007

Originally posted by torgospizza
                I saw that, too. Some of the guys think it's glue residue, though. Fingers crossed. I just checked mine, and it's fine. Dry as a bone, and I had him since Sideshow's first batch went out.
                That's good to hear that yours looks good, too. Here's hoping that any problems are very, very isolated cases.
                Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

just got mine, amazing freakin figure
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

My lovely spouse made a trip to the Hot Toys showroom, Toy Sapians in Shinjiku, Tokyo. Brought me back a Spidey 3 and Keaton Batman. I almost had a heart attack when one of his wrist claws popped off while I was taking him out of the foam. I thought it had snapped off and broken.

I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about the rubber suit since I've heard the oily residue stories of the Early run Bale Batman HT figures.

It's the Nicholson joker I'm most excited about.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• torgospizza
                      Theocrat of Pan Tang
                      • Aug 19, 2010

From what I understand, that's black paper that is intended to be removed when you unpack the figure. However, it might be a good idea to just leave it there, like you have.
                      That's exactly right. Like I said, mine is fine; however, I wish I would have left the black paper under his belt on him, just in case. If more cases pop up of this happening, I'll figure something out.

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by samurainoir
                        My lovely spouse made a trip to the Hot Toys showroom, Toy Sapians in Shinjiku, Tokyo. Brought me back a Spidey 3 and Keaton Batman. I almost had a heart attack when one of his wrist claws popped off while I was taking him out of the foam. I thought it had snapped off and broken.

I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about the rubber suit since I've heard the oily residue stories of the Early run Bale Batman HT figures.

It's the Nicholson joker I'm most excited about.
                        are they cheaper over seas? yea i think i'm going for the jack as well

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by torgospizza
                          That's exactly right. Like I said, mine is fine; however, I wish I would have left the black paper under his belt on him, just in case. If more cases pop up of this happening, I'll figure something out.
                          yea I'm leaving it on mine

Comment

• Boywonder0
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by toys2cool
                            yea I'm leaving it on mine
                            I had left it on mine as well. I don't know if its a thing of perfection but it really bugs me big time just to know its there...

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I'm definitely leaving the black paper on mine. But I've been lucky with all of my Hot Toys figures to date. No problems from any of them, including my Rocky figures that people said were tearing on the muscle suit. I pay close attention though when I read these things because we all pay alot of money and our expectations should remain high on quality. That is what we're paying for.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎