X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by BlackKnight
    It's really not that much cash ...., when I sit here, and add up all of my other purchases from last year .... I am getting into the Quality fraim of mind over Quanity as of late ....., and I want the Best. Toys at The Local Toy Store, or retail, just mean absolutely nothing to me these days .
    yea for now hot toys seems hot and looks like it'll hold up for a bit...but do you think it's just a matter of time when it comes crashing down the prices start to drop? that's why I'm so hesitant to spend so much on these..unless I see one I really love or a deal to good to be true...I stay away..The bats was a must and I'm thinking maybe the Jack is as as well
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by toys2cool
      yea for now hot toys seems hot and looks like it'll hold up for a bit...but do you think it's just a matter of time when it comes crashing down the prices start to drop? that's why I'm so hesitant to spend so much on these..unless I see one I really love or a deal to good to be true...I stay away..The bats was a must and I'm thinking maybe the Jack is as as well
      I never look at Toys as Investments ...., so I really never speculate on that Angle of Collecting. However, I know of No Hot Toy figure, that has no went up in Value. I'm kicking myself in the Arse over a Couple of pieces right now I woulda Gotten.

I think stuff like Keaton, Jack and the Batmobile are probably no Brainers as far as returns go ..., no pun intended, but I could see that Batmobile fetching a Grand easy ...., if some Predators are already doing so.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

The only thing about speculating on the Hot Toys figures now is that there are more people buying them today, and they are making more of the figures, so there will be more supply for whatever the demand may be.

I would have thought the Reeve Superman would have sold out by now, but you can still find it at retail. I think there was high demand for the figure relative to the price so I think the supply was probably on par with the demand. With Batman being that much more popular than Superman, you've got to figure they'll produce a lot of them relative to the market.

I do think truly rare Hot Toys pieces will hold their value to a degree, but if the production runs on key new figures remains high, I don't know if folks will be able to double and triple their money as easily on newer releases.

But their figures are hands down the best around and should hold their value better than most toys.

The Batmobile might be one to invest in. The Tumbler sold out pretty quick at least through Diamond, when I had an account with them a few years ago. I don't think the Tumbler would have the collectible value of the Batmobile over time and with the retail price on the new one that's coming out I bet they won't make a ton of them.
        Last edited by madmarva; Feb 24, '12, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

My advice for 1989 Batman fans... If you bought the 12" Keaton Batman and if you already exclaimed (or thought) "Oh my God" on the batmobile, grab it now on Pre-Order. This thing will be unreachable at the secondary market. It will probably fetch more $$$ more than my 2004 Kia Rio...

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

The Batmobile is 50 bucks less at BBTS .
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

According o the BBTS listing, it's not coming out until second quarter of 2013.

A new Tumbler is coming out second quarter of 2012, according to BBTS.

Comment

• captact
                King of Super Queens!
                • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                WOW!!! Even as red little veins in his eyes too??? AMAZING DETAIL!!!

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by madmarva
                  According o the BBTS listing, it's not coming out until second quarter of 2013.

A new Tumbler is coming out second quarter of 2012, according to BBTS.
                  FYI, Sideshow Collectibles, Hot Toys, 12 Inch Figures and more at Alter Ego Comics
                  has it priced at $566.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Chris
                    hell no

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

Has anyone gotten their Keaton Batman yet from a U.S. vendor (BBTS or Sideshow)?

I got a notice from Sideshow that my Nicholson Joker would be shipping mid-April and Keaton Batman mid-March.

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Has anyone gotten their Keaton Batman yet from a U.S. vendor (BBTS or Sideshow)?

I got a notice from Sideshow that my Nicholson Joker would be shipping mid-April and Keaton Batman mid-March.
                        I was told early March on Bats , but we'll see

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Same here!

Comment

• torgospizza
                            Theocrat of Pan Tang
                            • Aug 19, 2010

I got mine from Sideshow within a week of its release.

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

Well, my Keaton Batman is supposed to arrive on Wednesday. Nicholson Joker in about a month. Looking forward to getting them.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Mine is also in transit. CAN'T WAIT!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡