Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Got my cards and Gatchaman Ken mini poster today (via Cjeffreys). Love it love it love it. thanks plenty fellas.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• megoapesnut
      The name says it all!
      • Dec 3, 2007

Thanks for sending that on for me, Chris. Everyone should have a set by now, except those attending Mego Meet. You can pick up your set, along with some other goodies, at the meet. See you in a month!

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by megoapesnut
        So, I finally found some time to work on my Popy card set. I know several people that have been patiently waiting for me to finally complete this set. Here they are for your perusal. I just need to finish the backs and off to the printer they go. A huge shout out to Clem, Brian, Bryan and Brent for all of the help. I would not have been able to tackle this project without those fine members supplying me with the gorgeous photography that they did. No need to submit your address to me to get these cards. I kept all of the addresses of those I sent the first 6 cards to and will send you these to complete the set as soon as I have them in my hands.

Thanks to the help of some other members, I have some other surprises in the works too, so keep on the lookout for those. Lots of work to do on them, but they will be well worth it.

Just re-admiring this set as someone mentioned Popy's on facebook and I remember taking my Popy figures out of their boxes (some were pristine mib .. eek!) and using them to pose and take photos to send to Scott for use on these cards. I don't own these anymore but their legacy will live on in these cards. Note the Battle France is a homage to the classic Jack Kirby hero pose.

Comment

• toothaction
          Career Member
          • Jul 15, 2017

First I'm seeing these... thanks for bumping these beauties!
          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Wow, those are really swell, and Japanese characters aren't really in my wheelhouse. But these are wonderful!

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

These are very cool, bright and colorful, and it looks like Ultraman is flying right out of the card, kind of 3-D like.

Comment

• trekercollecter
                Museum Patron
                • May 22, 2008

Sweet Set My Friend! Love that Ultraman!

Comment

• megoapesnut
                  The name says it all!
                  • Dec 3, 2007

Whew! A lot of work went into those - mostly cleanup on the box artwork. Fun times. Which reminds me. I owe some people a few cards. I promised them a few months ago and then got consumed with my show. Now that the dust is settled from that, I need to see what I promised and get a few more printed. Thanks, Clem!

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Heya Scott!
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megoapesnut
                      The name says it all!
                      • Dec 3, 2007

Hey Brian! What's new?

Comment

• glimpy
                        Loco Chango
                        • Feb 5, 2012

Totally awesome
                        sigpic

Comment

• megoapesnut
                          The name says it all!
                          • Dec 3, 2007

Here's a glimpse of the labor of love I had on those cards. The boxes had varying degrees of wear and tear so the imagery needed a WEE bit of cleanup for the card art. However, this project was a drop in the bucket compared to the YEARS of work I had into the POTA CIPSA box artwork

Comment

• toothaction
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 15, 2017

I hope it's not a problem that I'm asking, and pardon my ignorance, but how were these amazing cards distributed? I would have loved to land these but, alas, I didn't even know that they existed until this recent bump.
                            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

As someone who did an amateur restoration of my Power Records jackets, that, sir, is no small feat. WOW... you have my respect. Truly an incredible job!

If cards are still available, I too would be interested.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I had no idea you had done all that, it's so nice.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎