X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

"AVENGERS" movie Big Bad...

I just got finished watching the SB trailer for THE AVENGERS over on iTunes (in glorious Quicktime) and I was able to freeze frame it enough to get a pretty good look at the aliens in the film and, if they look like what I think they look like, then the Big Bad of this movie may NOT be who we've been lead to believe it is, but someone altogether different, but would still bad@$$ on screen if pulled off right

Take a look...

Now, I know there are all kinds of rumors floating around the 'Net about Skrulls and Thanos, but what if that all a smokescreen? This footsoldier, to me, looks awfully insectoid which tells me that maybe, just maybe, the movies REAL big bad could be none other than....

ANNIHILUS!!!

This would be uber-cool to me and would even be logical because let's just speculate that Loki actually fell into the Negative Zone when he disappeared at the end of THOR. Who would he run into there except the ruler of that realm, Annihilus, who, if told of Earth, might supply Loki with an army and would be equally pss'd off if Loki betrayed him...

Something to consider. Plus Annihilus is so not-humanoid that Hollywood types could easily conceptualize his insectoid appearance...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Except he's not traditionally an Avengers foe.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, why would they brand him as an "Avengers foe" when he's always been associated with the Fantastic Four. It'd be like Spider-Man facing off against the Leader in his upcoming film...
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

As well long suspected...they are SKRULLS!!!

Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.
        sigpic

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

If the Skrulls wear Predator helmets.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
            Permanent Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

That picture almost looks like Ultron to me and he is one of the Avengers main foes.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Since Loki is A Big bad in the Avengers, and the Frst Giants were already done in Thor, the best theory I've heard so far s Surtur.

The Surtur storyline was kind of a huge hit during Simonson's run.

Although the cosmic cube has essentially been established as something that can access Soave/time the "world tree", pretty much anything from Skrulls to an Annihilation Wave s possible, but what makes sense?
              Last edited by samurainoir; Feb 11, '12, 7:55 PM.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Here is what I would personally like to see, since it ties into both Thor and Captain America movies this past year... Hydra/nazis teamed up with the Frost giants. Red Skull was seen being transported through the world tree by the cosmic cube. It would be cool if he was the surprise big bad in Avengers, but I would understand too if they were holding him back for Captain America 2.

Last edited by samurainoir; Feb 11, '12, 7:57 PM.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  Yeah, why would they brand him as an "Avengers foe" when he's always been associated with the Fantastic Four. It'd be like Spider-Man facing off against the Leader in his upcoming film...
                  I think Annihilus has fought almost everyone in the MU at some point in time, TR, so having him as the "Big Bad" really wouldn't be too much of a stretch, unless, of course, he's tied up in the FF rights along with "The Skrulls."
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by samurainoir
                    Since Loki is A Big bad in the Avengers, and the Frst Giants were already done in Thor, the best theory I've heard so far s Surtur.
                    I can't see Surtur working along with the Skrulls; he's pretty much a powerful enough entity in his own right, besides I'd much rather see him in one of the THOR movies tearing up Asgard in an effort to reach Yggdrasil and destroy pretty much everything.

From the first moment I saw The Balroc on LOTR: FOTR, I pretty much knew that, given the special effects we now have, Surtur could be realized onscreen pretty close to how he appears in the books....!

Comment

• clemso
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 8, 2001

I think we are all going to be disappointed and the alien threat is going to be just some anonymous alien race like in the Ultimate Avengers cartoon story line.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                        • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by clemso
                        I think we are all going to be disappointed and the alien threat is going to be just some anonymous alien race like in the Ultimate Avengers cartoon story line.
                        They could go the Ultimate route and use the Chitauri (AKA Ultimate universe Skrulls). On another board I'm on, it was mentioned that the Skrulls and Annihilus are part of the Fantastic Four film franchise that Fox owns, along with all things X-Men, so unless there was some major moving and shaking behind the scenes, I'd be very surprised if Fox would OK Disney using the Skrulls in the film.
                        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• clemso
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 8, 2001

^ Baddoons could be another option.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Surely those are not Loki's frost giants?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

Nope.

Neither Frost Giants nor Badoon they be. From what I've read, they are STILL shape-shifting aliens and possess all the same characteristics AS The Skrulls, BUT, because MARVEL foolishly gave 20th Century Fox apparently the whole kitchen sink when forking over the rights to THE FANTASTIC FOUR, these aliens will be called "The Redacted" which, while I can see as relevant to the fact that Marvel Studios/Paramount CAN'T use the name "Skrulls", still doesn't really have much of a ring as far as being a scary race of space-aliens come to take over the earth. Perhaps they're going to be armed with a whole lot of really broad-tipped, black Sharpies...?

Oh---and they can't be green, apparently, either, so from what I've read, they're going to come in myriad of other colors, kinda like a bag of Skittles minus the green ones (can anyone else say "product endorsement )....

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎