Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoat
    A Therefore Experience
    • Jun 10, 2003

Well, we've killed them twice. We shoulda beat Mizzou, too. Even though those two teams are ranked ahead of KU I honestly believe that KU is the best team in the Big 12......

Comment

• MegoMark71
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 18, 2008

And Duke at the buzzer for the win.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

The better game was Georgetown/Syracuse.

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

Funny how that game is a blip and all the talk is another awesome Duke Carolina game. I think the Cuse game was great but i'm a little one sided favoring the ACC.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Don't worry. I'm sure Syracuse will get better press when they join the ACC.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Any team can be beaten at any given time. That's why they play the game. But this is the strongest UK team I have seen in 20 years. I would say they have a good chance to go deep in the brackets.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 18, 2008

I'm really looking forward to adding a program as rich in history as Syracuse is to the ACC. And i must agree on KY. Still can't stand them but they will be tough. And i think their coach is a huge pile of dung.

Comment

• megoat
                  A Therefore Experience
                  • Jun 10, 2003

I don't mind Kentucky, I just can't stand Calipari. I liked Tubby Smith. But like I said earlier, Kentucky and Syracuse are hard to beat this year. Gotta think they're both Final Four contenders for sure. My 'Hawks are a long shot but don't count 'em out!

Comment

• megoat
                    A Therefore Experience
                    • Jun 10, 2003

The thing I love about college basketball is that potentially any team can win the National Championship. I mean, yeah, the top tier teams and the legacy schools generally take the title, but every year there is a serious Cinderella candidate for the title. Compare that to college football where a team with 5 losses or whatever has NO chance of winning a national championship. It's why March Madness is so freakin awesome.......

Comment

• MegoMark71
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 18, 2008

I don't even understand how Calipari is allowed to coach. Every school he has coached at, he has left because of major ncaa violations and the school suffers but that scumbag moves onto another school he can destroy.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

I find Calipari to be just a bit too full of his own importance. He's a good coach, yes, but he's arrogant and prideful. And we all know WHAT goeth before a fall...

Just sayin'.....
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

But this is the strongest UK team I have seen in 20 years.
                          You may be right, but the 1996 championship team was excellent. That team was so deep. Truly believe Pitino's second five would have finished second in the SEC that season. I think the SEC was stronger overall that season than it is this year. The league is young, and the rest of the SEC doesn't have the type of young talent the Wildcats have.

Calipari is a smart coach and has an exceptional recruiter with a reputation that's going to keep feeding one-and-done's into the Wildcat system. I agree he's sleazy. He certainly left UMASS and Memphis is bad situations. Like Pete Carroll and USC in football.

I really wish the NCAA would adopt the eligibility rules for basketball that are used in college baseball. Players can go pro straight out of high school or after three years in college. Or a player can go to junior college and either enter the draft after two seasons or continue at a 4 year college.

I think such rule would help the game and also allow the players who do go to college advance very close to getting their degree.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎