View Poll Results: Who Made the Best Mego Like Figure?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • AHI

10 16.39%
  • Lincoln

3 4.92%
  • Tomland/Combex/Marx

3 4.92%
  • Mattel

3 4.92%
  • LJN

33 54.10%
  • Larami

0 0%
  • PACO

2 3.28%
  • Other, I'll list it below.

7 11.48%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Made the Best Mego Like Figure?

Images
    Gotta go with LJN, they seemed to "get it" like MEGO... Their quality was right up there as well.

-Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMAC View Post
    Yeah, I figured most people would vote for their favourites. I was just trying to get people to think about it a little more before going with their first choice.
    I understand that, actually Lincolns meet my criteria because they have movable wrists, I have a hang up about that.

The best Mego-like figures would, technically, have to be the ones that used actual Mego molds, like Multiple's Menudo figures and Timm Mee's western line.
    I avoided that on purpose, although I can't believe I omitted the Popy figures.

GREAT QUESTION! Hands down I think it goes to LJN figures. I have loved the figure lines from that company almost as much as Megos since I was a kid. SWAT is my favorite followed by Emergency and the Rookies. It was nothing for them to be interchanged with my Megos. Some of the Rookie figures made great Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne figures...even a good Dick Grayson.

Images
    LJN. But then, I never owned any others except Mego and LJN. But I REALLY like LJNs.

Last edited by DocDrako; Jan 2, '08 at 9:34 PM. Reason: Facts
    "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Matchbox's Maxx FX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAAA View Post
    Matchbox's Maxx FX
    That's just a straight reuse of a Mego mold, not applicable.

Yeah, I figured most people would vote for their favourites. I was just trying to get people to think about it a little more before going with their first choice.

The best Mego-like figures would, technically, have to be the ones that used actual Mego molds, like Multiple's Menudo figures and Timm Mee's western line.

Hmmm. I suppose if I'm going to "think a little more" about it, then I need to know what is meant by "best" and also, what is meant by "Mego like".

Images

TONG!

Bingo!

Bogi (Tong), Paco's predecessor.

They made Pipo and Dondy Clowns, Western Legends, Vader Abraham, Demo Girl, Demo Man, Action Apeman, Sandokan, Ninjas, and the 1776 People.
    Those Indians are KickAss and they also made Danny Dare figures that have big jim type sculpts. They are very articulate and not held together with rubber bands.

Last edited by hobub; Jan 3, '08 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by highquality View Post
    AHI's First Version Universal Monsters are about as close to regular Megos as any knockoff figure I've owned. Their heads are a similar rigid vinyl like Mego and their clothes are sorta close. It's a real shame quality dropped off incredibly afterwords.
    Pretty much why I voted AHI too
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

LJN for the vehicles alone. The swat van, rookies squad car and of course sqad 51. Less toylike in scale than the batmobile and very ornate scuplting on all that gear. The clothing while basic in colors was accurate for the uniforms from the shows. LJN loses on head sculpting but the bodies are just as good as megos and the t2 ljn with the bicep swivel rocks