View Poll Results: Who Made the Best Mego Like Figure?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • AHI

10 16.67%
  • Lincoln

3 5.00%
  • Tomland/Combex/Marx

3 5.00%
  • Mattel

3 5.00%
  • LJN

33 55.00%
  • Larami

0 0%
  • PACO

1 1.67%
  • Other, I'll list it below.

7 11.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Made the Best Mego Like Figure?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Who Made the Best Mego Like Figure?

Just curious to see who everyone likes the best.

Bogi (Tong), Paco's predecessor.

They made Pipo and Dondy Clowns, Western Legends, Vader Abraham, Demo Girl, Demo Man, Action Apeman, Sandokan, Ninjas, and the 1776 People.
    Last edited by ABMAC; Jan 2, '08 at 11:42 AM.

Images

TONG!

Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by ABMAC View Post
    Bogi (Tong), Paco's predecessor.

They made Pipo and Dondy Clowns, Western Legends, Vader Abraham, Demo Girl, Demo Man, Action Apeman, Sandokan, Ninjas, and the 1776 People.
    Those Indians are KickAss and they also made Danny Dare figures that have big jim type sculpts. They are very articulate and not held together with rubber bands.

Last edited by hobub; Jan 3, '08 at 12:14 AM.

Images
    AHI's First Version Universal Monsters are about as close to regular Megos as any knockoff figure I've owned. Their heads are a similar rigid vinyl like Mego and their clothes are sorta close. It's a real shame quality dropped off incredibly afterwords.

Quote Originally Posted by highquality View Post
    AHI's First Version Universal Monsters are about as close to regular Megos as any knockoff figure I've owned. Their heads are a similar rigid vinyl like Mego and their clothes are sorta close. It's a real shame quality dropped off incredibly afterwords.
    Pretty much why I voted AHI too
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

LJN for the vehicles alone. The swat van, rookies squad car and of course sqad 51. Less toylike in scale than the batmobile and very ornate scuplting on all that gear. The clothing while basic in colors was accurate for the uniforms from the shows. LJN loses on head sculpting but the bodies are just as good as megos and the t2 ljn with the bicep swivel rocks

Tomland fer sure. Aside from the holy trinity of Mego heroes/apes/trek, Tomlands are at the top of the heap. They represent EVERYTHING I love about cheap vintage toys. The fact that they are kinda "crappy" is exactly why they are so durned awesome!

Oh yea, AHI's and LINCOLNS are great too!

The "best" figures aren't necessarily the ones you like the most.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMAC View Post
    The "best" figures aren't necessarily the ones you like the most.
    Well, that's how I chose. I like the Lincoln figures the best because of their cheese factor.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Well, that's how I chose. I like the Lincoln figures the best because of their cheese factor.
    Yeah, I figured most people would vote for their favourites. I was just trying to get people to think about it a little more before going with their first choice.

The best Mego-like figures would, technically, have to be the ones that used actual Mego molds, like Multiple's Menudo figures and Timm Mee's western line.