X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kinostadt
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 14, 2004

I wonder if some of the pieces, at least the red fins, were from this 1960 ITC motorized sub kit?

Last edited by kinostadt; Jul 9, '18, 3:11 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

possibly, the battery case is different for sure than that model.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

I am not sure if these are classic toys, someone's customs or what, but does anyone know anything about these Civil War figures/dolls? I've tried looking up various civil War figures but my google fu fails me and I get mostly Marvel action figures with every search result.

they are up for sale in a charity auction (I have only seen pics not the actual items) and I am intrigued but know nothing about them.

The same auction has this lot up too, which also baffles me...

I am guessing from the pics these are all 12 inch scale, but no solid information is provided with the pictures. My wife is working in that scale doing customs and might be interested in these, but she asked me to try to find out more about them before she decides and I have come up with nothing solid. If anyone knows anything or even has an educated guess about manufacturer, scale, approximate year they are from, etc. any help would be appreciated.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I'm not sure but, I think those Civil War figures were from the soldiers of the world line, they were sold at Walmart in the 90's.

Comment

• KOMonger
            Banned
            • Feb 17, 2015

About the Civil War figures:
            tjacwave50 is correct.
            Brand: Formative International. Boxes can be found with no store name or Target or Wal-Mart. Selling period is mid 90's thru 2001-ish.
            Here's a box-back from 2001.

The basically covered all the wars including Desert Storm. An Ebay search for Formative International will now give you a better idea of all the quantity of product they put out.
            Last edited by KOMonger; Sep 28, '18, 9:41 PM.

Comment

• KOMonger
              Banned
              • Feb 17, 2015

As for the final picture, I can only tell you about the Green Hornet (in hat and green eye-mask) and Flash Gordon. These two are the 90's Playing Mantis re-issues of Captain Action (originally released by Ideal in the 60's).
              Note: Captain Action was recently brought back again just a few years ago under a different brand name. These two are definitely the 90's versions, not the most recent ones.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

In the bottom picture the fellow in the long burgundy coat is Van Helsing by Jakks. To the right of him is Frankenstein from the same Jakks Van Helsing line.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Thanks for all the help. I now have enough to frame better searches to do the research. Much appreciated.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Those Civil War guys were sold in different department stores in the late 90's

I used to own the raising of the American flag at Iwo Jima boxed set.

Think they were all sold under the SOLDIERS OF THE WORLD banner
                    Last edited by Mikey; Sep 28, '18, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

The same guys with different clothes were also sold as Rapid Deployment Force. There's one dressed like the Punisher.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

The guy next to the Green Hornet is Spirit from one of the later 12" GI Joe lines. I bought one to customize an Apache Chief...but never got around to it.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Thanks again for the help. I placed my bids based on the info I got here and research I did to follow up, but got outbid on all the lots by a prett ysignificant margin, so somebody wanted these a lot more than I did it seems. The money went to a good cause though, so all is good.

-M

Comment

• saleen557
                            • Feb 4, 2009

Identification help, please!

Hello all. I am hoping that some of you can help me identify some of the items in the pictures I have here. I believe they are all Mego items, but I am not 100% certain. The Bat Girl head is different than the ones I have seen because she has a black mask instead of blue. Any help with identifying these would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Mego Klingon head with a beard panted on by someone, the black and white head is Star Trek Cheron, although I can't tell if it's a original or EMCE version? also looks like someone took a purple marker or ball point pen and drew an eyebrow over the white side eye. The yellow female boot looks like Batgirl, can't tell if it's original or reproductions.

The black weapons and shovel-pick don't really know, but I'm sure someone here will.

If those black eye glasses are what I think they are, we need to talk privately, but again from the pic, I'm thinking
                              their repros too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Those black glasses are not SI, they are originally from Barbie/Ken and have been reproduced. The black-masked Batgirl head is a FTC repro, as is the straight yellow female boot.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎