X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobTMego
    Career Member
    • Mar 15, 2013

I may be wrong but I think that stuff is part of the old Ideal Jaws game, you would fish the junk out with out jaws chomping you. Not sure how many trash types they had. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ideal-The-Ga...item20d01e605c

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
      • Jan 22, 2008

I'm curious what those "weird monsters" on the top far left are.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
        Career Member
        • Jul 30, 2012

I remember having several 3 to 4" non articulated rubber figurines which looked like reddish/brownish cavemen with painted green outfits which resembled a cross between loincloths and toga style shorts. Some of these figurines also had painted black boots. They were sold mostly at dime & drug stores and also offered as carnival prizes during the mid to late 70's. Anyone remember the name of these little guys and/or the company which produced them?

Comment

• 71roadrunner340
          Museum Patron
          • Dec 29, 2011

Need help with this Dinosaur, it is a model/action figure, as it is poseable after it is put together, dug out my old models and found this and some other goodies
          pic_031.jpg

And any chance anyone has parts for this guy? I need a left paw
          Thanks, Ken

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Looks like one of the remakes of the aurora allosaurus. The revell one, maybe?

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>Looks like one of the remakes of the aurora allosaurus.

Yeah.... although it looks like the tongue was modified. The original has swaches of drool coming off it. This'll help:

Weird bit: the Monogram boxes don't have the drool; although I don't remember ever seeing an actual KIT without it. Yours doesn't have it either. It kinda looks like flash, so I could see someone filing it off; (I almost did on my first one) except with your kit there doesn't seem to have been an attempt at removing any of the flash or seams on any other parts.

Don C.

Comment

• 71roadrunner340
                Museum Patron
                • Dec 29, 2011

I built this in high school, didn't file anything off, just put it together right out of the box, pretty sure it is a snap together one. Looks like it may have been from the same mold as the prehistoric scenes one, with some minor changes. Scrolling down on that page you provided, I am pretty sure it is the Monogram one from 79, thanks!

Comment

• nazgul
                  Lord of Light
                  • May 2, 2011

I just got this stuff in a box of vintage Joe parts...Any Idea? My guess is Johnny West...

You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Captain
                    Fighting the good fight!
                    • Jun 17, 2001

Yup, Johnny West for sure.
                    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Den82
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 17, 2011

OK, got a mess here. This is just some of what came from a large box of stuff I bought. Anything that was marked "Marx" was set aside. Everything here has no marking at all, except for some COO ones (Hong Kong, China, Singapore, etc.).

Now, I'm sure some of it can be cheap-o generic stuff or gumball machine junk, but I am also certain much of it can be from various different Marx playsets. Many are also most likely are remold Marx.

But I thought I'd post some pics. Anything that can be ID'ed, please let me know.

Here is the "I got too lazy to neaten it for pictures" picture.

Comment

• Den82
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 17, 2011

Dinos. Not sure if any of these are Marx. But I know some belong to different playsets, others are most likely rack toys. If anyone can pin point certain ones, please help.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                          • Jan 22, 2008

I've always though collecting all the small plastic toys like dinosaurs and cowboys and indians etc would be a fun but very challenging toy hobby. There's got to be hundreds of different ones. Sorry, can't help with any identifications though.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 20, 2008

Several of those dinosaurs are from Marx, as is the stone archway on the left. Other companies (even to this day) reuse old molds from these companies so it's hard to tell what's vintage or made by who. But the stone archway is a giveaway that someone at some point had a Marx playset.

7556777_1_l.jpg

Sean

Comment

• Den82
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 17, 2011

I have some stone archway pieces in different colors and a box for a Marx set (similar to the one you posted, but different).

I have another bag of dinosaurs that I think are ALL Marx that I did not take a picture of. It seems to me all the Marx ones have the name of the dinosaur and it's real size marked on them. They are a bit heavier and more detailed than others. Could some of these unmarked dinosaurs be Marx? That is what I'm trying to find out, but I do not think so. I am almost certain a lot of the ones pictured belong to a similar 1970's set, but I have only seen boxed examples on eBay.

Out of all the stuff I want to get ID'ed, the thing I am most interested in is in the previous post to the dinosaurs. It's a small little green devilish guy with a pitchfork.

Comment

• nazgul
                                Lord of Light
                                • May 2, 2011

Anyone have any idea what line these clothes go too? Big Jim? Barbie? I have no clue....

You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎