Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24293439444748495051 LastLast

Thread: The "identify this classic toy" thread

Images
    I wonder if some of the pieces, at least the red fins, were from this 1960 ITC motorized sub kit?
    https://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=6458

https://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=11842
    Last edited by kinostadt; Jul 9, '18 at 3:11 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    possibly, the battery case is different for sure than that model.
    Planet Earth is Blue

I am not sure if these are classic toys, someone's customs or what, but does anyone know anything about these Civil War figures/dolls? I've tried looking up various civil War figures but my google fu fails me and I get mostly Marvel action figures with every search result.

they are up for sale in a charity auction (I have only seen pics not the actual items) and I am intrigued but know nothing about them.

The same auction has this lot up too, which also baffles me...

I am guessing from the pics these are all 12 inch scale, but no solid information is provided with the pictures. My wife is working in that scale doing customs and might be interested in these, but she asked me to try to find out more about them before she decides and I have come up with nothing solid. If anyone knows anything or even has an educated guess about manufacturer, scale, approximate year they are from, etc. any help would be appreciated.

-M

I'm not sure but, I think those Civil War figures were from the soldiers of the world line, they were sold at Walmart in the 90's.

Images
    About the Civil War figures:
    tjacwave50 is correct.
    Brand: Formative International. Boxes can be found with no store name or Target or Wal-Mart. Selling period is mid 90's thru 2001-ish.
    Here's a box-back from 2001.
    classic_2001.20backwalmart.jpg

The basically covered all the wars including Desert Storm. An Ebay search for Formative International will now give you a better idea of all the quantity of product they put out.
    Last edited by KOMonger; Sep 28, '18 at 9:41 PM.

Images
    As for the final picture, I can only tell you about the Green Hornet (in hat and green eye-mask) and Flash Gordon. These two are the 90's Playing Mantis re-issues of Captain Action (originally released by Ideal in the 60's).
    Note: Captain Action was recently brought back again just a few years ago under a different brand name. These two are definitely the 90's versions, not the most recent ones.

Images
    In the bottom picture the fellow in the long burgundy coat is Van Helsing by Jakks. To the right of him is Frankenstein from the same Jakks Van Helsing line.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Thanks for all the help. I now have enough to frame better searches to do the research. Much appreciated.

-M

Images
    Those Civil War guys were sold in different department stores in the late 90's

I used to own the raising of the American flag at Iwo Jima boxed set.

Think they were all sold under the SOLDIERS OF THE WORLD banner
    Last edited by Mikey; Sep 28, '18 at 11:13 PM.
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Blog Entries
    The same guys with different clothes were also sold as Rapid Deployment Force. There's one dressed like the Punisher.