Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 253035404548495051 LastLast

Thread: The "identify this classic toy" thread

Images
    The guy next to the Green Hornet is Spirit from one of the later 12" GI Joe lines. I bought one to customize an Apache Chief...but never got around to it.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Thanks again for the help. I placed my bids based on the info I got here and research I did to follow up, but got outbid on all the lots by a prett ysignificant margin, so somebody wanted these a lot more than I did it seems. The money went to a good cause though, so all is good.

-M

Identification help, please!

Hello all. I am hoping that some of you can help me identify some of the items in the pictures I have here. I believe they are all Mego items, but I am not 100% certain. The Bat Girl head is different than the ones I have seen because she has a black mask instead of blue. Any help with identifying these would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Mego Klingon head with a beard panted on by someone, the black and white head is Star Trek Cheron, although I can't tell if it's a original or EMCE version? also looks like someone took a purple marker or ball point pen and drew an eyebrow over the white side eye. The yellow female boot looks like Batgirl, can't tell if it's original or reproductions.

The black weapons and shovel-pick don't really know, but I'm sure someone here will.

If those black eye glasses are what I think they are, we need to talk privately, but again from the pic, I'm thinking
    their repros too.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Those black glasses are not SI, they are originally from Barbie/Ken and have been reproduced. The black-masked Batgirl head is a FTC repro, as is the straight yellow female boot.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Thank you both. I figured that some of the items were repros as I also found some repro planet of the apes items in the lot. How can I tell if the glasses are real or not?

Images
    Blog Entries
    The real SI glasses are a softer plastic with a rougher molding, almost cat's-eye shape, and curved temples. For a picture, please go to the top of this page and choose "Mego Museum Links" > "Accessory Check" > "WGSH" > "Secret ID" > "Clark Kent" > "Glasses.

(Sorry, I'm terrible at links.)
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Here's a stumper... When we were kids, my brother had a Mego-like action figure that came with some kind of backpack that had a light in it. He had a beard and a black jumpsuit. But I don't think he was Mego or GI Joe (unless they made Joes smaller than the classic 12 inch). I feel like that light up backpack was a big deal, was it gold colored? But he might have had some kind of action features with his arms when you pressed on his back. Any idea what I'm talking about?

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^^ Super Joe. GI Joe's little cousin.

http://www.3dsuperjoes.com/
    Planet Earth is Blue

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    ^^ Super Joe. GI Joe's little cousin.

http://www.3dsuperjoes.com/
    Omg that's him! Amazing! Thanks for sharing! Going to read all about him and tell my brother, who could not remember what the figure was... We used to make him drive the Tonka jeep with the removable wheels. Thanks for the help!