This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gzilla2000
    • Jun 28, 2007

He's from a line called Shadow Strikers and changes color in hot water. Shadow Strikers was one of several similar lines by Kenner playing on the success of their M.A.S.K. toy line.

http://thetoybox1138.blogspot.com/20...rs-kenner.html

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by mahseer
      This has remained unidentified on Facebook for 3 months
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]13074[/ATTACH]
      The bear is from a novelty item more than a toy. I think it was "Spencer's Gifts or Gander Mountain" item. Had a Hunter Guy on a quad and several critters along with the bear (shown). I think the quad and rider were RC and was supposed to hit or avoid the animals.
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• ddgaff1132
        Persistent Member
        • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]9442[/ATTACH]

anyone know what these orange flippers go to? they are GI Joe size, made of rubber, marked made in Hong Kong but I cannot find them in Desimone's book anywhere
        Those flippers might be from a wind-up or battery powered scuba-diver toy. I had the same problem. Found a scuba set, vest, fins belt and such that I thought was for Big Jim and here none of it fit. Turns out they were pieces to a battery powered scuba toy.
        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by Rallygirl
          I picked up this rubber puppet at a thrift store today. It was so creepy that I just had to buy it. Besides creepy, it looks so very familiar, but I just cannot place it.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]9594[/ATTACH]
          Hey its Carol Burnet
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• moded
            • Nov 5, 2017

I have a character. I'd like to identify Can anyone tell me who this is please? 9 inch fully jointed female, brown with long brown hair in a brown vinyl halterback swimsuit with red neckstrap and moulded black heeled boots, Mary Ellen Walton head mould, Mego 1977 on the back?
            thanks, Moded

Comment

• Emgee
              • May 5, 2009

Sounds like LEELA from DR WHO.

Comment

• Gzilla2000
                • Jun 28, 2007

The bear is called Lock Jaw and is from Bass Pro Shops.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                  Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                  • Jan 22, 2008

Trying to figure out what this building set I had as a kid was.
                  It had plastic pieces that joined together through little slots. It was an actual “building”. You would build the building up then place cardboard window pieces on it with little pegs that were built into the slotted/frame pieces.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
                    Trying to figure out what this building set I had as a kid was.
                    It had plastic pieces that joined together through little slots. It was an actual “building”. You would build the building up then place cardboard window pieces on it with little pegs that were built into the slotted/frame pieces.
                    Only set I can think of is the one where you had these plastic "girders" that you assembled into a building...It even had an outside elevator that when up and down...But the set didn't have "walls" for the building, it was just the girders...I think the same company did a bridge set too...I don't know if this is the set you're thinking of though...

JCPenny1976_Page0372 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
                    Last edited by VintageJoe70; May 26, '18, 10:32 PM.
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                      • Jan 22, 2008

Thank you it was definitely a “girder and panels” set. I guess I remembered wrong. The panels weren’t cardboard but a flimsy plastic that stuck on the sides.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I had a girder and panel set specifically for my Mattel Godzilla to destroy.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tay666
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 27, 2008

I also had the Girders & Panels set. Had lots of fun with it until the holes started to wear out and the panels wouldn't stay on.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

got this in a lot of GI Joe stuff and cannot id it. Any help?
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kinostadt
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 14, 2004

If I had to guess, I'd say those are parts to a battery operated submarine model kit from the 1970s, plus maybe a few miscellaneous pieces from other kits. Any markings?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

the only ones I see are on the black pieces. now I have to go look and see what they say. the cylinders are for batteries, the angle shaft off the motor is odd. More than likely 60s since the rest of the lot was all 60s Joe and Buddy Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎