This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saleen557
    • Feb 4, 2009

Thank you both. I figured that some of the items were repros as I also found some repro planet of the apes items in the lot. How can I tell if the glasses are real or not?

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

The real SI glasses are a softer plastic with a rougher molding, almost cat's-eye shape, and curved temples. For a picture, please go to the top of this page and choose "Mego Museum Links" > "Accessory Check" > "WGSH" > "Secret ID" > "Clark Kent" > "Glasses.

(Sorry, I'm terrible at links.)
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mary Canary
        Career Member
        • Jun 21, 2017

Here's a stumper... When we were kids, my brother had a Mego-like action figure that came with some kind of backpack that had a light in it. He had a beard and a black jumpsuit. But I don't think he was Mego or GI Joe (unless they made Joes smaller than the classic 12 inch). I feel like that light up backpack was a big deal, was it gold colored? But he might have had some kind of action features with his arms when you pressed on his back. Any idea what I'm talking about?

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^ Super Joe. GI Joe's little cousin.

3D Super Joes is always interested in buying Super Joe items with special interest in the rare and unusual. Single pieces or whole collections.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            ^^ Super Joe. GI Joe's little cousin.

http://www.3dsuperjoes.com/
            Omg that's him! Amazing! Thanks for sharing! Going to read all about him and tell my brother, who could not remember what the figure was... We used to make him drive the Tonka jeep with the removable wheels. Thanks for the help!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

There's a lot of love here for Super Joe. I even did 12" versions of him.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by saleen557
                Hello all. I am hoping that some of you can help me identify some of the items in the pictures I have here. I believe they are all Mego items, but I am not 100% certain. The Bat Girl head is different than the ones I have seen because she has a black mask instead of blue. Any help with identifying these would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                The rifle with the chipped silver paint is LJN, either Rookies or SWAT teargas rifle.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

The m16 looks ljn as well. The Cheron blk/wht head looks original. The bearded head obviously a Klingon with a beard added. The batgirl looks like ctvt ftc to me. Something about the hair. The crossbow parts look very yellow so I suspect they are doc mego. The pick, shovel and top knife I am 90 percent sure are coleco Rambo pieces.the bottom knife no idea. The glasses if they're real would be Clark Kent pieces ... I would guess repro honestly just due to rarity. The yellow boot looks like a ctvt repro of a batgirl boot.

Comment

• Kellis
                    • Nov 18, 2018

Star Trek TAS Jigsaw Puzzles

Hi, I'm new to the forum and curious about a group of Star Trek "The Animated Series" (TAS) jigsaw puzzles I acquired back in the 80's. Each puzzle is 10" X 14", came in plain box with no signage, image or description, but included a poster of the puzzle that's the same size. I guess they're 150 pieces as they're still sealed in the original plastic bags (see attached photo). I've seen online pictures of the HG Toys 150-piece Star Trek TAS puzzles and their boxes, but none have shown these posters. I assume they are by HG Toys, but the only printing is the Copyright "1974 Paramount Pictures Corporation" and the picture title. The three titles are "Battle on the Planet Klingon", "Battle on the the Planet Romulon" and "Captain Kirk and Officers Beaming Down". Could someone please comment if these are the HG Toys items and if the posters were always part of the package? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
                    Hmmm... can't get the image to appear in this message.
                    Last edited by Kellis; Nov 18, '18, 8:40 PM. Reason: Image problem

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm trying to identify an electrical game I had, around '79-'80. It worked on the same principle as Operation, except it featured plastic creatures--spiders, scorpions, and something else, beetles? --on a metal plate. You retrieved the bugs, which were color-coded for different points, with the forceps. I can't recall what drove the game--a timer, cards? Thanks!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

Some toys had me thinking of other toys.....

Is there a standard name for toys that collapse with a string inside the plastic?

Just curious. Thanks.

Comment

• justzeg18
                          Career Member
                          • May 5, 2003

Are you thinking of push puppets?

Comment

• KLAATU
                            Museum Patron
                            • Feb 3, 2009

In the mid-60's, my brother had a military playset where you controlled the troops/vehicles from underneath the playing surface with a magnetic wand. It was probably similar in size to Marx army sets, but I think it was not a Marx set. The particular set my brother had was a bombed-out WWII village with crumbling buildings and walls. You could move your troops and tanks around the village using the magnetic wand. Any ideas what this might be? I'd appreciate any help.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              I'm trying to identify an electrical game I had, around '79-'80. It worked on the same principle as Operation, except it featured plastic creatures--spiders, scorpions, and something else, beetles? --on a metal plate. You retrieved the bugs, which were color-coded for different points, with the forceps. I can't recall what drove the game--a timer, cards? Thanks!
                              Milton Bradley Bedbugs.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                                Milton Bradley Bedbugs.
                                Thanks, but no. "Bedbugs" looks fun, though.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎