X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

"I AM Number Four"

Just watched this the other day and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I actually liked it. Granted, it's based off of the same "young adult" tripe that made "Twilight" a household word (but NOT in MY house), but it played better, to me, than a brooding, sparkly vampire and his vampire-wannabe girlfriend.

The visual EFX were pretty good and the powers of the main characters were pretty well-executed, so it kept me entertained as eye candy. I'm a big fan of Timothy Olyphant, so he satisfied the "good acting" quotient for me (now that I think about it, he'd've made a damn fine Hal Jordan, too).The two lead chicks are easy on the eyes---plus, I'm a sucker for having a "dog" as a sidekick. As Veronica Mars always used to say, you should always bring "Backup".

Anyone else here see it and if so, thoughts...?

Don't worry, ya won't hurt my feelings if ya thought it was crap, either. Heck, I'm one of the few (and the proud) on these boards who LIKED Green Lantern...!

As an aside. I AM very glad that the guy who wrote the book thought things through and decided that the main character would be Number Four instead of say, Two, 'cause I'd sure hate like hell to walk around proclaiming "I AM Number Two..."
    Last edited by emeraldknight47; Feb 3, '12, 9:54 PM. Reason: Additions and Corrections
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

i loved that movie
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

It was a fun movie and better than I expected it to be.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
        Career Member
        • May 14, 2007

I watched the movie a few months ago and actually enjoyed it despite all the bad reviews that I have heard/seen.
        Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

As I was watching it, it struck me that it was like a movie based off of a comic book, without the comic book. Perhaps that's what made it more acceptable; because I had no expectations for it to live up to or preconceived ideas for it to match up with. I felt largely the same way the first time I saw the first MATRIX movie. Sometimes, to quote Cypher (from THE MATRIX)
          Ignorance is bliss...
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• raider5gt
            Museum Tree Cutter
            • Nov 25, 2007

I thought it was a good film,i enjoyed Timothy Olyphant as Henri his guardian and number 4's shape-shifting dog was also cool.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

It was OK...but have no desire to see it again.
              sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

I thought it was Great Myself ...., But I also Liked Green Lantern ..., and In Time with Justin Tiberlake.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                  I thought it was Great Myself ...., But I also Liked Green Lantern ..., and In Time with Justin Tiberlake.
                  Along those same lines, I quite enjoyed JUMPER with Christian Haydenson. Interesting concept and fairly well executed. I thought it would actually make a good basis for a weekly TV series...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

I liked Jumper as well.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• raider5gt
                      Museum Tree Cutter
                      • Nov 25, 2007

Me and the girlfriend watch the same type of films,we liked GL and Jumper also,as to I am Number One we watched it 2 days on the trot because we enjoyed it,i wonder if there will be a sequel?

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Duncan
                        Museum focus-groupie
                        • Jun 27, 2009

I liked Number Four, too. Decent story, acting, effects - no real complaints.

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

I liked both Jumper and I Am Number 4
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎