X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Super 7 Merchandise Part 1

Filmation's Tarzan and the Super 7 series is easily one of my favourite cartoon series of all time. It's copyright infringing characters made me a fan for life, however merchandise for the series seems few and far between. However, it seems that rack toy manufacturer Imperial did have the license and exploited it nicely, here are just a few of the items.

If anybody has some of these, especially the Web Woman and Freedom Force piece, please for the love of Mike, contact me!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I liked Tarzan and Web Woman. Was Super Stretch and Micro Woman part of that show too? That was a good one.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Filmation's Tarzan was one of my favorite cartoons in the mid-70's. Just recently picked up a set of the series on DVD and thoroughly enjoy it. I hadn't seen it since the 70's either, so it was refreshing to see it was still enjoyable to watch. I can also see why I liked the animation so much. It had a style that was similar to the '67 Spiderman. Even the score shared a familiar feel to it. Great show!

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
        Career Member
        • Sep 5, 2005

Watches?!? They made watches? For each character? That want list just gets longer and longer. Somewhere, I've still got a sheet of puffy stickers. Oddly,a larger batch turned up in bags but sans header cards. I always wondered if they were just being bulkcut out after the license expired.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I know Manta and Moray and Web Woman were eventually yanked due to potential legal action from DC and Marvel, so I barely recall them. I see a Walrus up there on the watch box that looks a bit like Tusky from Filmation's Aquaman series! I do remember Freedom Force, which oddly enough, ended up having their name used for a group of Marvel mutants over in the X-Men comic.

The history of this show is hard to follow, going from Tarzan to Batman, and eventually to it's own show while Tarzan got mixed in with Lone Ranger and later Zorro. I can't keep up!

But this stuff is cool. I would have bought it had I seen it!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• kennermike
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 4, 2007

I love Filmation especially late 70's early 80's I think I have all the box sets from that time period .great items .watches? wow never seen those

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎