X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Figuremod73
    These are fantastic maybe these will actually be sold in stores. Great price on them to.
    From what I have read I believe that is part of the plan.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

Great! CTVT could really give themselves some exposure with these guys. I do agree the bodies on earlier series arent the best but I still think they are pretty good figures overall. (a dr mego body helps) The Robin Hood figures are some of my favorites by them. This will probably outdo anything theyve done before though.

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Figuremod73
        Great! CTVT could really give themselves some exposure with these guys. I do agree the bodies on earlier series arent the best but I still think they are pretty good figures overall. (a dr mego body helps) The Robin Hood figures are some of my favorites by them. This will probably outdo anything theyve done before though.
        I agree. One would surely think that with CTVT purchasing the inflated KISS license that their new product should and will be better than the past. They stand to have a lot to gain or a lot to lose depending on how well they play their cards.

I just hope that they did not spend all of their money on the licensing and will have to revert to using the original CTVT bodies.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
          70's Era Pimp
          • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          really surprised that CTVT jumped back into the liscensed figure market so boldly.

Very bold! Honestly, no matter the quality, I hope everyone buys these up. If they can be this serious and grab KISS licensing, it can be a very happy road ahead for us 8" worshipers!

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

In can't support this line....I HATE Kiss.
            sigpic

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
              70's Era Pimp
              • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
              In can't support this line....I HATE Kiss.
              I get that. If ya hate em ya hate em. I just don't wanna see a ton of criticism....for now, it is a great time to just nod your head and smile.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

I am really excited I never had the 12" kiss Catman back then but I always wanted one now I just have to decige which I want 8 or 12 in.

I nver thought anyone would be able to pony up the $ to get the license from Gene

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 3, 2010

This is quite the unexpected and happy surprise!
                  I will get the 8" for sure. I hope they do well enough to come out with more of the era costumes.
                  Did anyone else notice their names are not used? The catman and spaceman look like Tommy and Eric. I want a Dynasty era Ace, is all I will say
                  mego's befo ho's

Comment

• timb
                    Will Draw for Toys
                    • May 1, 2009

I noticed that these 12 inchers were manufactured in China and not India. Hopefully that will ensure some type of quality control.

I did not see that that the 8" figures were China made.

I fear the worst for the 8."

But hey, cool that they're back in the game.

Comment

• Jason73
                      Correctamundo!
                      • Jan 11, 2009

I'm not much of a KISS fan, but I really do think these figures look great. I'm hoping I can use the new CTVT 12" body to repair a few of my 12 inch Megos.

I think this is great news. OK CTVT Bring on the new 12" Fonz figure that Mego thought about making back in the late 70's.
                      Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• jetzjungle
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jul 25, 2011

This is just awesome with a s****ful of sweet whoop ash on top!

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by mego maniac mark
                          This is quite the unexpected and happy surprise!
                          I will get the 8" for sure. I hope they do well enough to come out with more of the era costumes.
                          Did anyone else notice their names are not used? The catman and spaceman look like Tommy and Eric. I want a Dynasty era Ace, is all I will say
                          there was a production blog type link early in one of the announcement threads that showed a couple of pics of the unpainted heads. I would assume they sculpted large and then shrunk down and used the same sculpt for both sizes of figure. They were marked as Tommy and Eric and certainly did not look like Peter or Ace unpainted.

Comment

• PeterRR
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jun 2, 2008

Why couldn't they update them and make them look more detailed. It was nice to bring them back but update them with better sculpt and outfits. They look too cheesy to me. But sorry guys with Hot Toys, DID and Sideshow making great looking figure these Kiss figures would look out of place on my shelves. Look at Mattel they made retro Super Hero figures (great Idea) but what I hear is line is canceled. That is because they looked too cheesy and cheap looking. Mattel didn't want to spend any money making them for today's standards. Today's collectors are spoiled with toy companies making life like figures. I look at them as knock offs of a company the made cheap figures. And that was Mego. Dont get my wrong. I love Megos. I have about 150 of them in my collection. But that was 1970's and there wasn't much action figures then. Today is another world in collecting

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^^ Either you like the Megoish retro style or you don't. Real simple. To expect a line called retro heroes to have modern design and sculpts is really not too bright. They wouldn't have called 'em that if they weren't going to look like that. What killed the line was poor distribution and QC, and probably poor character selection with the GL wave.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by rche
                                there was a production blog type link early in one of the announcement threads that showed a couple of pics of the unpainted heads. I would assume they sculpted large and then shrunk down and used the same sculpt for both sizes of figure. They were marked as Tommy and Eric and certainly did not look like Peter or Ace unpainted.
                                That is for a Sonic Boom version of the band to be released. The retros are cast from the original Mego molds. What is throwing you off is the paint job on some of those prototypes. That and the straight rooted hair they used just for the protos. But the finished product will have heads & hair that look exactly like the Mego version. Same paint job too. Here's a commercial showing the final product...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=21U9TKi75fY
                                Last edited by MIB41; Jan 31, '12, 8:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎