• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

"HANDY" Tip. Its a Pun....yoi.

Ok. enough of that...
    So if you've gone to a craft or hobby store. You might have seen these doll parts in baggies. Usually They consist of a doll head and a pair of hands. You are supposed to fill in the rest with wire and stuffing under fabric.

So what I've done here.(And kinda hastily...) Is cut to desired length and painted with a paint pen. I then squirted some glue into the hand portion and inserted a wrist pin. (I had to make a rig to prevent the pinfrom sinking into the glue.) After the glue set and I was assured the pin end still inserted securely into the forearm. I ended with GLOVES!!! Though this does'not allow the hand to bend. You can still pivot at the wrist.

Since the vinyl of the doll arms is soft and wider. You can tuck in bodysuit sleeves. The painted hand/ arm gives a more slender look than the classic oven mitt.

PS. Yes I did come up with this idea due to most of my CTVT female figures having wrist problems and breakage! Also looking for larger sized doll hands to use on Male Mego's
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Nice find, that looks a lot better than CLassicPlastik's tool dip gloves.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• livnxxxl
      Megoholic RocketScientist
      • Oct 23, 2007

Great idea. I have a bunch of those little plastic arms. I was eventually going to use them for a Mego arm replacement. I did not think to cut them off and use them for gloves though. Those look great to use for customs I suppose as long as one does not have to remove or put on the clothing after they have been installed. Thanks for sharing that tip.
      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎