X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

"Lost Girl" on SyFy....

Watched the first episode of this Sunday night and, while I was hoping for another SyFy of the same caliber as WH 13 or EUREKA, LOST GIRL just didn't give me that jolt I was hoping for. Kinda feels a little like a knockoff of UNDERWORLD, only replacing the vamps and lycans with fae and Kate Beckinsale with a less hot KB wannabe. And I can already sense her sidekick is gonna get annoying fast. I'll give it a couple of eppys, but it's not on my must see list....
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>Kinda feels a little like a knockoff of UNDERWORLD

Yeah.... although to me, the whole "urban fantasy" genre feels like a knockoff of the "World of Darkness" RPG setting. You can see what's going to happen, and the same old monsters all eventually show up.... and whine about their significant others.... while secretly warring amongst each other.... and their evil versions....

Don C.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I watched them film an epsiode around the corner from my work last year.

It's in it's second season here and somewhat popular. I'm not a big fan but I live with one, it's a very character driven show. You won't be knocked out with big fx or monster of the week stuff.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mazinz
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 2, 2007

all I saw was mostly hot lesbian action and girls with no clothes on, at least that is what I picked up from the tv commercial--oh yeah they threw in a succubus angle
        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎