X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
    1.The Pats do not have a better defense they are ranked 31 just above the packers........you best believe the Giants are going to exploit that.
    That was a ranking during the regular season. Did it help the Ravens? No sir. Did it help the celebrated Broncos? No sir. What are they ranked today? Well I would have to say their either first or second because that's all that's left. And their defense helped get them to the Superbowl.

2.Giants defense right now is much better...they just beat two teams that were on fire.....
    Did the Giants defense beat the 49ers? I didn't see that game. I saw Kyle Williams turn the ball over two times. He beat the 49ers. And the Raven's kicker' Cundiff' beat the Ravens. Neither team in the Superbowl this year has much bragging rights for how they got there. Defense was good on both sides of the ball in both games.

3.Despite being the #2 Offense the Pats beat only 500 or under teams the Ravens were the ONLY team they beat that had a winning season
    They also lost to a team that had a losing record at the time and only finished 8-8 ...The Giants. A team, by the way, that backed into the playoffs. You want to point to stats as proof of something where there is none. If you want to look at stats as justification, neither team would be here today. It would be the Packers and Ravens if the printed page ruled. But there's also something called heart, luck, and being at the right place at the right time. Both teams experienced that. And that is the ONLY REASON why either of them are here.

...The Giants are hot but most are gonna bet on the Pats because of Brady...Giants are underdogs no matter what......
    Would you feel worse if they weren't? Does it give them an "advantage"? I don't see anyone talking about the Giants as underdogs. Your reliving 2007. This is 2012 and it's a toss up.

Come Monday Morning if Brady wins it is EXPECTED.....if he loses he'll be ****ed on by all the media.......
    Brady will be a Hall of Fame QB no matter what happens in this Superbowl. He won three Superbowls in four years and has been in five through eleven years. He's a great QB and you will just have to live with the praise that comes with that. It's all gravy at this point. Eli Manning on the other hand still has history evaluating him. And he KNOWS it. Alot of people consider Eli's pass in the last Superbowl a prayer he simply threw up. It was the CATCH that made it memorable. Now he has to prove it wasn't a fluke. If Brady and company beat him, the great defeat of 2007 is FORGOTTEN. Why? Because when people remember the 2007 year, they'll bookend that thought by saying Brady paid him back. And Brady can hang THAT on his trophy case too. If Eli beats him again, then Eli has the bragging rights and that will be his distinction. He kept Brady from winning all five Superbowls. But it doesn't change Brady's legacy. It only helps his.

What's at 'stake' on Superbowl Sunday is Eli's legacy. He either crosses over and MEETS Brady on the other side or he doesn't. That's it.

Comment

• toyman
      Just Another Collector
      • Sep 1, 2008

^^^^You said it all perfect^^^^

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41

What's at 'stake' on Superbowl Sunday is Eli's legacy. He either crosses over and MEETS Brady on the other side or he doesn't. That's it.
        Good Post bro,I'll leave it alone because these things tend to get out of hand and heated very quickly........

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Good Post bro,I'll leave it alone because these things tend to get out of hand and heated very quickly........
          It's all good! No negative energy getting spent here. We're just talkin' sports! It will be one heck of a good game! As usual my team will be watching it with me. Romo pass the cheese sticks.

Comment

• MegoMark71
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 18, 2008

Good show gents.
            Whatever happens in the game i believe we are going to see both quarterbacks play their hearts out. Who reaps the rewards? The fans will. I still have a superbowl contest i'll announce soon. I'm coming up with some prizes right now.
            Last edited by MegoMark71; Jan 24, '12, 6:44 PM.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Forget this let's be nice to each other nonsense...I want Brady DECAPITATED!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by MegoMark71
                Good show gents.
                Whatever happens in the game i believe we are going to see both quarterbacks play their hearts out. Who reaps the rewards? The fans will. I still have a superbowl contest i'll announce son. I'm coming up with some prizes right now.
                Count me in!

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                  Forget this let's be nice to each other nonsense...I want Brady DECAPITATED!!!!

Then he'll be martyred and live FOREVER!

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

As much as some of you hate Brady...I HATE that little puke Eli.

With "Daddy" Manning pulling the strings, what was one of the odder moments in draft history. Afraid the Chargers might be the current-day version of his Saints, Archie made it clear that he didn’t want his youngest son stuck on a loser. He instructed Eli’s agent, Tom Condon, to call San Diego general manager A.J. Smith and advise him against taking Eli. Condon added that the New York Giants would be the best fit. Archie later said that he knew nothing about that remark.

Manning told the San Diego Chargers he wouldn't play for them, and he looked pained when they went ahead and chose him No. 1 overall anyway. He posed awkwardly with NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue, holding a Chargers jersey until, barely more than an hour later, the Giants finally pulled off the blockbuster trade that brought him to New York.

Yup...Eli's Daddy took good care of him.
                      sigpic

Comment

• spacecaps
                        Second Mouse
                        • Aug 24, 2011

I'm kind of of the opinion that your true character comes out more when you lose than when you win. The more I look at Sundays game, the more I think Jim Harbaugh come off as classless. He already had the handshake incident with the Lions in the beginning of the year. Then after the Championship Game he didn't want to talk to Fox after the game and when he did speak to the media he kept saying they "weren't defeated." (Meaning they'll be back next year I guess) but um, you lost the Championship Game so yeah you were defeated. What a teriible choice of words. Then today he gets all grumpy with Californians. One reporter asked what he did after the loss to the Giants and he says...
                        "Is it just California that everybody just wants to know how you feel? Care about what you thought, what you did, how you felt, how your pinky feels. Is that just a California thing? Back where I come from, nobody really cares. In my opinion, it is a California thing."

Kind of an all around jerk.
                        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by spacecaps
                          I'm kind of of the opinion that your true character comes out more when you lose than when you win. The more I look at Sundays game, the more I think Jim Harbaugh come off as classless. He already had the handshake incident with the Lions in the beginning of the year. Then after the Championship Game he didn't want to talk to Fox after the game and when he did speak to the media he kept saying they "weren't defeated." (Meaning they'll be back next year I guess) but um, you lost the Championship Game so yeah you were defeated. What a teriible choice of words. Then today he gets all grumpy with Californians. One reporter asked what he did after the loss to the Giants and he says...
                          "Is it just California that everybody just wants to know how you feel? Care about what you thought, what you did, how you felt, how your pinky feels. Is that just a California thing? Back where I come from, nobody really cares. In my opinion, it is a California thing."

Kind of an all around jerk.
                          Wow! Yeah that sounds like it.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                            The name says it all!
                            • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                            As much as some of you hate Brady...I HATE that little puke Eli.

With "Daddy" Manning pulling the strings, what was one of the odder moments in draft history. Afraid the Chargers might be the current-day version of his Saints, Archie made it clear that he didn’t want his youngest son stuck on a loser. He instructed Eli’s agent, Tom Condon, to call San Diego general manager A.J. Smith and advise him against taking Eli. Condon added that the New York Giants would be the best fit. Archie later said that he knew nothing about that remark.

Manning told the San Diego Chargers he wouldn't play for them, and he looked pained when they went ahead and chose him No. 1 overall anyway. He posed awkwardly with NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue, holding a Chargers jersey until, barely more than an hour later, the Giants finally pulled off the blockbuster trade that brought him to New York.

Yup...Eli's Daddy took good care of him.

AMEN BROTHER!!

Comment

• MegoMark71
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 18, 2008

Harbaugh has had a few bad moments. He has come off as a sore loser. And doesn't the NFL have rules that coaches have to address the media. I'm pretty sure it's a hefty fine to blow them off.

Comment

• Adam West
                                Museum CPA
                                • Apr 14, 2003

Personally, I just shrug off the incidents to being an emotional person and getting caught up in the heat of the moment. I know nothing more about him then what I have seen on tv or articles and he seems like a decent person and maybe gets caught up showing the worst side of him when the emotions come flooding out. As was stated, I'm pretty sure coaches do have to address the media by NFL rules and I have seen some pretty ugly moments from most coaches especially when they just lost an important game.
                                "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎