X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

CTVT Western accesories

How is the quality (molding/material) on these? I'm particularly asking about the holsters & guns.

I want to do some customs but am, er..gun-shy about CTVT.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

I agree with you on being penchant about their product. I have thought about buying boots, etc from them. Just can't ahem...pull the trigger.

Comment

• mikeoz
      Mego Maker
      • Mar 9, 2007

I used the holsters with leg straps on three custom figures and the leg straps on all three have broken. The figures were never played with and were kept in storage boxes. I think it might be because the plastic becomes brittle very quickly.
      Looking for:
      Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

the accessories they sell are pretty good. the leg straps on the holsters will break but I never used those anyway, just cut them off. the clothes they sell in general are pretty good as well although sometimes fit a little too snug. my biggest gripe with them was the crappy bodies. everythign else is pretty good and they are quick to ship and have good customer service...in my experience

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
          70's Era Pimp
          • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          the accessories they sell are pretty good. the leg straps on the holsters will break but I never used those anyway, just cut them off. the clothes they sell in general are pretty good as well although sometimes fit a little too snug. my biggest gripe with them was the crappy bodies. everythign else is pretty good and they are quick to ship and have good customer service...in my experience

That's good. I like their boot sets. I may pick some up.

Comment

• astro-greg
            • Mar 8, 2010

What about their heads?

I have purchased clothes from them in the past, and have been generally pleased. Some of the pieces were way to snug on Zica bodies, but they looked good and had a lot of color variation available.

Not to hijack this thread, but how's the quality of the heads?
            I want to use the head of the skeleton for a Black Mask custom, but am concerned because of the general complaints regarding their bodies.

Comment

• Bkane
              Museum Patron
              • Jan 27, 2010

I recently picked up the Ivanhoe head for a Tony Stark... no problems at all.

Comment

• torgospizza
                Theocrat of Pan Tang
                • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by mikeoz
                I used the holsters with leg straps on three custom figures and the leg straps on all three have broken. The figures were never played with and were kept in storage boxes. I think it might be because the plastic becomes brittle very quickly.
                I've had the same problem with the leg straps on my custom Flash Gordon. Went through three, then I finally just gave up and cut it off like Nostalgiabuff. Over all, though, I think their stuff is great for the price.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I have had good luck with the skeletons; the other heads seem pretty squishy.

Accessories molded in black seem more brittle. What I've been happiest with in general are boots.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎