Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

That was my confusion...I needed 6 inch and 5 inch bodies, so when folks were talking about the swivel arm body, I thought it was a 6 inch body and I had made the wrong choice buying the CTVT 6 inch body. I guess I'm okay then, thanks Livnxxl.

I'm now wondering if Doc's swivel-arm, buff body is a better choice for my Warduke custom (who needs a more buff torso than the normal 8 inch Mego-esque body)...Any thoughts?

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Feb 3, '12, 1:48 AM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• livnxxxl
      Megoholic RocketScientist
      • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by danadoll
      That was my confusion...I needed 6 inch and 5 inch bodies, so when folks were talking about the swivel arm body, I thought it was a 6 inch body and I had made the wrong choice buying the CTVT 6 inch body. I guess I'm okay then, thanks Livnxxl.

Dana

Your welcome Dana. I am glad that I could clarify that for you and get your thread back on track again.
      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• danadoll
        Micronaut Nut!
        • Apr 11, 2005

Thank you...LOL! I edited my post above to ask...Is the swivel-arm body buff enough for my Warduke custom?

I just noticed I missed an "x" in your name before, Livnxxxl...I apologize...It's late and I'm tired.

Dana

Comment

• livnxxxl
          • Oct 23, 2007

Thank you...LOL! I edited my post above to ask...Is the swivel-arm body buff enough for my Warduke custom?

I just noticed I missed an "x" in your name before, Livnxxxl...I apologize...It's late and I'm tired.

Dana
          No problem at all Dana. You are certainly not the first to leave out an X in typing my user name. It happens all the time.

In answer to your question I will have to see your Warduke custom first to give you a more precise answer. Do you happen to have a link or a picture of it?

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

He's just the headless WIP, but here he is...

The normal CTVT Mego-style upper torso seems a bit lacking, I was wondering if the swivel-arm buff body would be better (does it have bigger arms/biceps too?)?

Dana
            Last edited by danadoll; Feb 3, '12, 2:31 AM.

Comment

• livnxxxl
              • Oct 23, 2007

He's just the headless WIP, but here he is...

The normal CTVT Mego-style upper torso seems a bit lacking, I was wondering if the swivel-arm buff body would be better (does it have bigger arms/biceps too?)?

Dana
              Thanks for the picture Dana. Yes, The Doc swivel arm body is a bit bigger in the arms and bicep as opposed to a regular Mego or CTVT body. I personally think it would be a great choice for your custom.

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                Thanks for the picture Dana. Yes, The Doc swivel arm body is a bit bigger in the arms and bicep as opposed to a regular Mego or CTVT body. I personally think it would be a great choice for your custom.

Thank you, Livnxxxl...Doc's pictures are rather small, so it makes it hard for me to really make a judgement on whether it would be right or not.

Dana

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  • Oct 23, 2007

Thank you, Livnxxxl...Doc's pictures are rather small, so it makes it hard for me to really make a judgement on whether it would be right or not.

Dana
                  You bet Dana. I will try and post up a larger picture of Doc's swivel arm body for you some time today.

At the rate I have been promoting Doc's items lately he is going to have to start giving me some kind of a commission.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                    • Oct 23, 2007

Here are the pictures I spoke of earlier.

Obviously the body on the left is the new Dr. Mego swivel arm buff body not to be confused with the regular swivel arm body that he sells. The body on the right is a T2 Mego body used for comparison.

I hope the above pictures will help you make a more informed decision about the custom you are working on.

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

They really do help, thank you, Livnxxxl...Unfortunately the torso is the same size as the regular t2 body...Bummer.

Thank you for the comparison photos, I really appreciate it.

Dana

Comment

• livnxxxl
                        • Oct 23, 2007

They really do help, thank you, Livnxxxl...Unfortunately the torso is the same size as the regular t2 body...Bummer.

Thank you for the comparison photos, I really appreciate it.

Dana
                        You are very welcome. Not a problem at all. Glad I could help.

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

>The normal CTVT Mego-style upper torso seems a bit lacking

You can get by with a regualr T2 and a He-Man torso; makes 'em look buff and lean. Here's a couple of not so good shots of what I'm getting at:

I think we all saw this coming.... - Mego Talk

I'm taking a Mountain Dew! - Mego Talk

Don C.

Comment

• danadoll
                            Micronaut Nut!
                            • Apr 11, 2005

Thank you, Don (your Warduke is pretty cool, as is the dungeon corridor kit you made). I did see the CustoMego article on how to customize a He-Man torso and I have been considering it.

I'll guess I will take the plunge and give it a go...I've just been nervous about all the cutting, but I do have a dremel.

Thanks again, guys.

Dana

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

or you could get Zica buck rogers body to use, they are buffer and have more articulation....it will just cost you more to get one

Comment

• danadoll
                                Micronaut Nut!
                                • Apr 11, 2005

Thank you for the suggestion, NB.

Dana

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢