X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Southern Ohio Gathering

Mego Meet in my eyes is trademarked so I won't use that term, but I think we can manage a small group of area Mego peeps. I'm thinking either Feb 4 or 11, both are Saturdays. I have a nice clubhouse in our community with plenty of seating and a full kitchen. Anyone is welcome to show up, hang out, buy, sell and trade or whatever. we could go out for lunch in the afternoon or have pizza delivered or both. There aren't a lot of noteworthy attractions in the area, just us.

Of course this is all weather permitting. It's been a mild winter so far, but no idea what's in store in a few weeks. I know we've got the Louisville area connection in emeraldknight and MIB41, maybe a Columbus peep or two and Captain Mego and Troy in town too. Either post here your thoughts or pm me or both. I'd really like to make this happen this time, so please give this some consideration. If anyone wants to stay overnight, there are several options within a couple of miles, some closer.

Scott
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Count me in, Scott. Either date works for me. I'll be happy to bring along some munchies and perhaps an adult beverage or two...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MLoudin
      Possessed by Megos
      • Sep 13, 2007

Sounds cool to me!

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
        Time to feed the cat
        • Dec 30, 2007

Message to you

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Okay I've got the clubhouse request in. for Feb 11. Now I just need some peeps. Gimme a shout out.
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
            Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
            • Mar 3, 2010

I grew up, & went to high school in Louisville, & I still have family there. I usually get back there twice a year; (just spent 2weeks there). I always visit during Christmas/New Years, & then sometime during summer. It's good to know that there's interest there for a meet. I know its the most difficult time of year, but in the future, (if it happens again), If you can organize a meet close to the holidays, I'll definitely show up.
            Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Sign me up, Axeman! I'll drag TK with me, if necessary! Just let me know if there's anything I can bring that can be of benefit!
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by galaxyexplorer42
                I grew up, & went to high school in Louisville, & I still have family there. I usually get back there twice a year; (just spent 2weeks there). I always visit during Christmas/New Years, & then sometime during summer. It's good to know that there's interest there for a meet. I know its the most difficult time of year, but in the future, (if it happens again), If you can organize a meet close to the holidays, I'll definitely show up.
                Born and raised in Louisville, bro! What high school did you go to? I'm an Eastern Eagle Alum....!

Comment

• Duncan
                  Museum focus-groupie
                  • Jun 27, 2009

Hmm. Probably put me down as 35% likely, depending on several factors.

Also, heads up to anyone looking for Ikea's Detolf display case: There's an Ikea just N of Cinci.

IKEA West Chester
                  9500 IKEA Way
                  West Chester, OH 45069

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Duncan
                    Hmm. Probably put me down as 35% likely, depending on several factors.

Also, heads up to anyone looking for Ikea's Detolf display case: There's an Ikea just N of Cinci.

IKEA West Chester
                    9500 IKEA Way
                    West Chester, OH 45069
                    Is that the one I've passed on I-75 heading from Cincy to Dayton...?

Comment

• Duncan
                      Museum focus-groupie
                      • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                      Is that the one I've passed on I-75 heading from Cincy to Dayton...?
                      That's the one. And then a few miles to the west there's this huge foodie grocery store called Jungle Jim's. I've been there only once, but it was quite an experience. I wish they were closer to me.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                        Vet.
                        • May 22, 2007

Count me in Scott...too close to the house to miss. Look forward to seeing your customs.
                        I don't know what all I will have to show but I will bring something cool with me.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                          Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                          • Mar 3, 2010

X alum! Class of 85. But moved away in '91. I still have lots of friends there ... Louisville is great- I may move back someday....

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                          Born and raised in Louisville, bro! What high school did you go to? I'm an Eastern Eagle Alum....!
                          Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• biotrontim
                            • Mar 24, 2011

Is I Micronauts Nut Welcome?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡