X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • retrotoyboy
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2009

Lincoln international monsters Victim.

Hi, just been looking at old Lincoln posts.

Lincoln Memories

I can remember buying a carded Lincoln Dracula in 1977 in Wales whilst being on holiday, it was being sold in a cheap beach side shop that sold fancy goods etc.

Also I bought my carded Lincoln Phantom on a day trip to Poole (Poole is a Coastal town on the south coast in the county of Dorset.) again purchased from a beach side shop on Poole quay

I only saw the Lincoln monsters carded , not boxed , no sign of the victim or Mr
    Rock

In the 1970s my parents had mail order catalogues from Littlewoods , Freemans , and Marshall ward,

catalogues were seasonal ,summer catalogue hardly any toys, winter catalogue
    Full of toys.

Throughout the 1970s early 80s I never saw Lincoln Monsters in the above catalogues,or in any independant toy shops / department stores they only had palitoy carded mego,s .........Lincolns only seem to be sold in cheap beach / fancy goods shops.

So not sure why UK mail order catolougues didn't stock Lincoln monsters.

(if any one knows different please let me know).

Retrotoyboy
    Last edited by retrotoyboy; Jan 1, '12, 8:31 AM.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Interesting details about finding them in gift shops. I had heard news agents shops before too.

My dad distributed them in Canada, they were imported into the country by a company that brought in a lot of cheaper items, pool toys, checkers set, water pistols etc. He mostly sold them into Variety stores.

The only country where they seemed to get into catalogs was the US. That's also where Mr Rock seems to surface.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• retrotoyboy
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
      Interesting details about finding them in gift shops. I had heard news agents shops before too.

My dad distributed them in Canada, they were imported into the country by a company that brought in a lot of cheaper items, pool toys, checkers set, water pistols etc. He mostly sold them into Variety stores.

The only country where they seemed to get into catalogs was the US. That's also where Mr Rock seems to surface.

Interesting you say about them being sold in newsagents , there is a newsagent called JOYS about 1mile from where I live, it's been run by the same family since the 1950s' ,

We moved to the area in 1980 and I remember seeing Mego knights (distributed by Marx ), Havoc Super agent dolls and little big man sets.(there was a small area dedicated To toys)

I have recently spoke to the guy that runs the shop (he's been running it for around 30 years so , he took it over when his father died)'

He said he bought direct from PALITOY ,and sold a few palitoy carded Superheros and some action man etc.

He said the big toy stores had the Lions share of the toys choosing the most popular, and he had the stuff that was left.

I did ask if he sold 8" inch monster figures, but he was sure that he didn't.

Retrotoyboy

Comment

• ddgaff1132
        Persistent Member
        • Oct 3, 2007

Hey Retro, Here's hoping that shop owner has a few old stock in the basement and hooks you up!!!
        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• HumanWolfman
          Type3Toys Has Transformed
          • Oct 5, 2011

Cool info. I have recently become hooked on all the knock off monster stuff.
          View My Customs
          www.type3toys.com
          or check here
          http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

I had as set of Lincoln Monsters in my hands back in 83 that I found at a greeting card type store , not a Hallmark store.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎