X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

Captain Action

Just wondering what these originally retailed for? I would like to get this set, but the only ones I am seeing are on Ebay at $200 for the set. Is that realistic?

I am also trying to find the Phantom figures. Just wondering what I will be paying if i get them at a fair price.
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

When I bought a Captain Action directly from Cast-a-Ways about a year ago it was $20.00.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
      70's Era Pimp
      • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by magyar1964
      When I bought a Captain Action directly from Cast-a-Ways about a year ago it was $20.00.
      Wow. I would love to get one for that. I think I would be comfortable paying $35 - $40 each. I shall continue to search for em. Eventually I will find em!

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Regular Phantoms seem to be trending over $100 if the eBay seller has an international auction... He's a really popular character in places like the Netherlands, India and Australia.

Given that price pint, I'm really shocked that the variant color versions aren't going for much much more than that give their scarcity.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I remember when I offered double for the Phantom throne about 18 months ago and landed one. I think some here might have thought I was out of my mind. But I loved this line and I believed if I didn't jump on it I would never be able to get one. In retrospect, I would say my purchase is now an excellent deal. But I would never sell them. One of my most beloved lines. Easily one of the best modern lines out there. In my book, their priceless.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
            70's Era Pimp
            • Sep 7, 2011

Yeah, it seems like these are gonna be toughies. I anticipate the ZICA Buck/Tigerman will have similar supply/demand issues.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

My son is a big CA fan, but I could not find a CAW Cappy in his price range, so I made one for him for his birthday. Not sure if they still have any, but the Handsome Henry sculpt is Cappy with a 5'oclock shadow. The beard comes off with an acetone rub.

Phantom - now that is another story.

Comment

• captact
                King of Super Queens!
                • Aug 19, 2007

Wish I could find one too,...by the time i could afford both the Cap and Dr. E,..they were all gone...no where in site...or links!
                Ray

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎