Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

I've told the story a few times about how I sold some of beat up childhood Megos and assorted other childhood stuff at at family garage sale in the early eighties. At 13 years old I was pretty pleased to have made I believe a whopping $20. Even thought they they are beat I distinctly remember the guy who bought the Megos seeing and them and proclaiming "Mego dolls!"

Comment

• osker55
      Booyaaa
      • Aug 8, 2011

I remember I've tho I'm only 22 back in the 90s I membered a lot of old toys and they would sell them cheaper cuz they were "old toys" and the new ones in the 90s they would want more money for like id remember there being redlines and old batman toys and stuff weird how it change in 20 years
      Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
      AHI wolfman moc
      Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
      Kresge moc WGSH
      Other stuff to update

Comment

• Den82
        Career Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

Here is a new question. What is the absolute best garage/yard sale find you ever made?

I've found some pretty cool stuff. The best would have to say the first lot I bought when I decided to start collecting toys.

To my surprise, the pictures are still online!

I got all of the above, plus some Nintendo NES games for $22.

That was in late June of 2010.

Comment

• osker55
          Booyaaa
          • Aug 8, 2011

nothing really too good at yard sales best toys I found. was a mint complete A STRANGE CHANGE TOY from the 60s for 5 bux but that's was at a estate sale nothing really good at yard sales out here
          Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
          AHI wolfman moc
          Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
          Kresge moc WGSH
          Other stuff to update

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

Ive found a few Heman toys here and there. My favorites are a couple of heman puzzles that i think are pretty cool. Im in Georgia so i guess you have to be near a city to find the really cool toys.
            Has to be frustrating to find that cool set of toys (probably without expecting to) and now to go so long while trying and not finding anything nearly as good.
            I keep trying. Someday ill find something that will make it worth it.

Comment

• Den82
              Career Member
              • Jan 17, 2011

I live in Suffolk Country Long Island in an area which is considered almost like the country compared to the rest of Long Island and New York. This summer, I think I'm going to go hunting in my old home town which is right on the board of NYC and where there is a giant Toys R' Us that has been there for over 30 years probably. I think my luck would be better out there.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Den82
                Were they great for toys? I wish I had a time machine and I could go back to them. When all the toy lines I liked were looked at as "old toys" and nothing more.

I go to yard sales today and I see are 90's toys and stuff from the 2000s. So I'm imaging in the 90s, all there was were 80s toys...and in the 80s, all 80s and 70s toys.

If I collected modern toys, nearly every yard sale I stop out would be a score. So I'd imagine it must of been that way then.

As I remember them, yes they were pretty sweet.

But why, if you had a Time Machine would you go back and scour yard sales for these secondhand, when you could go back and buy 'em new off the shelf?
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎