Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy a Retro Bane and Catwoman?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Would you buy a Retro Bane and Catwoman?

It looks like the last year's Green Lantern wave at Matty did not catch ahold of the Green Lantern movie push as well as they would have hoped.

With the Dark Knight Rises villains Bane and Catwoman getting a higher profile, do you think they would stand a chance as Retro Figures at Matty?

Particularly if Catwoman gets her classic purple dress? Bane obviously in his first appearance wrestling mask incarnation.

Mix it into an all Batman assortment along with Robin, Joker and repurposing Batman into a black costume, I think you'd have a big win for batman and Mego collectors.

Or how about an all Superman assortment to cash in on Man of Steel? Supergirl, Brainac, a redressed Superman in any of His kryptonian suits perhaps? My personal pick for a collector oriented character would be 70's Metallo.
    Last edited by samurainoir; Dec 26, '11, 11:26 PM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

I will buy any RA they make. Whatever I can do to keep the Re-MEGO project alive and well. Sure, I have preferences, but I am a sucker for em all.

Bane & Catwoman would be great, but I think I want vintage look not movie look.

kind of a side note. I really want a hawkman.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Last edited by samurainoir; Dec 26, '11, 11:35 PM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

I never really knew Bane as a character that well so I would tend to pass on him myself.

Catwoman on the other hand is a big for sure. I think that she would definitely be an instant win for Mattel that is IF they decided to go with her.

A Super Girl would be another great idea for those that missed her the first time around.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
          Career Member
          • Aug 3, 2010

I would be in for DKR figures mego style. If Matty did a similar campaign like last years green lantern, that would peak a lot of interest from a lot of us, no doubt.
          With the lanterns being the " 5th " wave, a potential 6 th wave of mentioned Batman family figures would put most of us in a frenzy to get. Just my opinion.
          The fine folks at Emce toys would come up with great figures,but we are talking Mattel, so that pipe dream don't last long
          mego's befo ho's

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir
            It looks like the last year's Green Lantern wave at Matty did not catch ahold of the Green Lantern movie push as well as they would have hoped.

Ahhh ...
            But I always Wonder what the Sales woulda Been if It were Kilowog, Tomar-re and Golden Age Green Lantern Sold with Guy Instead of the " History Time" sorta Figures.

BTW ..., Sorta Digging that Tonner Catwoman figure.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

..........double post ?.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

fun idea, but the biggest problem would be the body for Bane. Matty wouldn't want to make a new body for this any more than they did for the Darkseid figure. If they did the stuffed suit thing again, we would have a stay puffed lucha libre in a flesh colored jumper.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

I definitely would buy Catwoman based on any of her retro appearances ( my preference purple and green dress ). Bane, definitely not. I have no interest in the character. I will support the line only if character selection stays truely retro. I have no interest in any movie style or modern comic style figures in the Mego format. Just my preference but they do enough of those characters with the 6 inch line.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Modern ?
                    You Do realize Bane 1st Appeared in 1993 ... 18 Years ago, Almost 20.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 22, 2011

I know when Bane first appeared because I am a big fan of the Batman comics through the years but I just don't care for the character. When I use the term " truely retro " I basically mean characters that existed before and when Mego was actually in business producing these kind of figures. To me, there's something off about characters that actually didn't appear until the 1990s and beyond being packaged like they were produced in the 1970s. If Mattel were to produce modern comic versions and movie versions of the DC characters I wish they would create a different packaging style for them and not try to group them all in the Retro-Action series. I think most collectors would prefer the more retro characters I am referring to over movie versions or modern comic versions of characters. This is just my opinion though. I hope Mattel does produce modern characters in the Mego format for you guys that like them.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir

Well, to be fair the movie did not perform well enough to give toys a push at stores or online. I was at Target yesterday and lots of GL stuff at markdown...deep markdown. Yeah, would buy both if the price point was reasonable. Bane fits the classic character mold even though he was created well past Mego's days.
                        Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 27, '11, 5:00 AM.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

I'd buy an RA Catwoman, provided that the dress is a deep, inky purple, unlike the one on the Tonner doll, which is too light.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I would buy them in a heartbeat. And I'd be buying at least two sets.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• puckace
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Feb 5, 2009

Love that Tonner Catwoman. Would definitely get a ReMego like that. Bane is a maybe depending on how he is executed.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎