• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1977 Hasbro Weebles Catalog

Time for another trip to Weeble Town!

1977 saw Hasbro aim for action and adventure with the addition of Tarzan (?) and their own portly crusader Super Weeble!

It seems fitting to do Weebles around Christmas time as they're really kind of the thing a lot of folks got under the tree. Not me though, my folks were died in the wool Fisher Price fans...

Visit the 1977 Hasbro Weebles Catalog
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah, Weebles came along a little late for me. By '77 I was in middle school, so I had exactly zero interest in these toys.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I remember seeing Weebles, but I don't recall owning any. I think it's because I bypassed a lot of pre-school toys and went straight to Mego.

The Tarzan, Haunted House and Disney offerings are awesome. Hasbro returned Weebles to their original egg shape last year, and my daughter has a nice treehouse with conveyor belt. Fun stuff.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Evel KMego
        Museum Daredevil
        • Apr 26, 2006

Never had any growing up, but I soooo want the Haunted House and Disney Playsets!!!

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

I was too old for Weebles when they came out, but I always loved them. When I first started teaching pre-school back in the 80s, I found a Weeble track meet set for $2 at a thrift store complete w/ 4 Weebles. My class loved it! I recently bought the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from a member here. My kids like it, even though they think it's the Playhouse Mickey show from the Disney channel. Sadly, sometimes they can be too rough w/ it since it's so old (the swing keeps coming off and the flagpole feature no longer works), and I have to put it away.

I love the Tarzan set!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

I think that was the last year I got anything Weeble related. The following year was all about Star Wars.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎