Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMark71
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 18, 2008

I agree with almost all that has already been said. This list is pathetic. For starters the Rocky line from jakks was marketed to adult collectors. I remember getting my preorder Drago. I waited 20 years for a Drago and they delivered with several differeent ones. Granted there was a few figs i hated but jakks covered the movies well. There may have been too many figures but hell we almost got that damn annoying robot jakks was so good. And we got an awesome Tyson figure. I bought 2 so i could make a custom one with boxing gloves.
    And as far as TMNT, i grew up in Sharon Ct, home to eastman and laird. My mom had a business in the 80's like a kinkos now just she was ahead of her time. When they were just getting started they used to have tons of work done there. They told my mom between all the faxes and copies she did for them that she helped them hit it big. They gave her some sweet signed first run stuff. I sold it off for her a few years ago for quite a bit. When the turtle hit they were huge. The toys sold really well.
    I disagree with almost every selection this clown has on the list.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MegoMark71
      I agree with almost all that has already been said. This list is pathetic. For starters the Rocky line from jakks was marketed to adult collectors. I remember getting my preorder Drago. I waited 20 years for a Drago and they delivered with several differeent ones. Granted there was a few figs i hated but jakks covered the movies well. There may have been too many figures but hell we almost got that damn annoying robot jakks was so good. And we got an awesome Tyson figure. I bought 2 so i could make a custom one with boxing gloves.
      And as far as TMNT, i grew up in Sharon Ct, home to eastman and laird. My mom had a business in the 80's like a kinkos now just she was ahead of her time. When they were just getting started they used to have tons of work done there. They told my mom between all the faxes and copies she did for them that she helped them hit it big. They gave her some sweet signed first run stuff. I sold it off for her a few years ago for quite a bit. When the turtle hit they were huge. The toys sold really well.
      I disagree with almost every selection this clown has on the list.
      Yeah, Moss Man is so terrible the new classics version sold out in like a minute on Mattycollector.

This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Comment

• biotrontim
        • Mar 24, 2011

I keep a Stinkor in a Zip-loc bag to preserve the smell of my youth...I think this list STINKS!

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

Ive always wondered what was used to get that smell and if it can be reattached to one when it loses it,lol

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Figuremod73
            Ive always wondered what was used to get that smell and if it can be reattached to one when it loses it,lol
            Stinkor's smell was from mixing patchouli oil into the plastic.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

Him not stinking is about like strawberry shortcake not smelling like a strawberry. ( I use to pick on my sis about hers smelling bad,lol.)

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                70's Era Pimp
                • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by Werewolf

can we say "Spoiler Alert"? I never wanted to know that. I assumed it was all real and genuine.

hehe

Comment

• Saroyan
                  Persistent Member
                  • Oct 4, 2011

Originally posted by Toyman_Chris
                  can we say "Spoiler Alert"? I never wanted to know that. I assumed it was all real and genuine.

hehe
                  OK- Spoiler alert- it was patoulie oil but the real genuine part was that each Stinkor was first infused with the oil then rubbed on Skeletors sweaty old jock strap!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Toyman_Chris

hehe
                    umm......it was already revealed in the link with the list.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 27, 2009

This was funny with some truth. But yes, Moss Man, Grizzlor and Stinkor were boss!!!
                      If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• DocDrako
                        Formerly Doc Drako
                        • Nov 11, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        Awesome! Now I can make my own stinky character!

(although I actually like the smell of patchouli oil)

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

That article was a little harsh on the Raiders figures!
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• RickD
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 31, 2011

Whoever wrote that article is an idiot! Indiana Jones and Star Wars line was awesome including all the figures! I can think of a lot of other garbage toys that were made!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎