Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • actionplus
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 15, 2005

Wow! I'm speechless...certainly the best find in a long time as far as I'm concerned. It's great to be able to finally see the whole line up. Let me gain my composure here...

Comment

• piecemaker
      There's no need to fear..
      • Jan 26, 2009

Amazing!!!

Comment

• turnbolt
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 26, 2008

Holy crap. That Dracula is beautiful. Did you have to sell your soul to get him? Amazing!
        I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by kinostadt
          Could you share any of the story of how you crossed paths with the previously unseen photos? Particularly the carded glow FMOL Snowman and Morlock, and the loose Dracula.
          A reenactment:

Originally posted by turnbolt
          Holy crap. That Dracula is beautiful. Did you have to sell your soul to get him? Amazing!
          Cats don't hiss when I walk by, well not anymore than they usually do, I must be ok.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sauce
            Removed
            • Jun 24, 2007

LOL to Lefty!!!!

Comment

• actionplus
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 15, 2005

I just want to take a moment to thank Brian for sharing this information with the collecting community. For years, people like myself have guessed that these figures probably existed somewhere; but to now be able to see them for the first time is a great gift. I really appreciate the generosity that goes along with sharing these important finds with the rest of us that are interested in the history of these toys. To me; this is really what collecting is all about. Thanks again, Brian!
              Last edited by actionplus; Dec 22, '11, 11:59 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

EPIC! And to think for years, some of these figures were only rumoured to exist, and now here they all are in their glory. Great stuff Brian, I am truly envious of your wonderful monster collection.

And thank you for taking the time to provide all the information and pics. I've always wanted to collect AHI, Lincoln, etc monsters but was kind intimidated by my lack of experience and knowledge with these, but your galleries will help a lot.

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

My pleasure, I, like you guys stared endlessly at low res photos over at Megolike (which now have been replaced) wondering. I've dealt with folks who simply WON'T share their discoveries and while i respect that to a certain extent, I also found it disheartening. Both sites I work on (PS & MM) have thrived on people sharing their finds and look at all the good it has caused.

Hopefully this opens up the floodgates and turns up dozens more.

It's usually the way things work, with any luck the person who lands carded Dracula or Frankenstein will share photos of the results with the world (and me).

Comment

• sauce
                    Removed
                    • Jun 24, 2007

True true. Brian, thank you.
                    :-)

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I never have understood the "MINE ALL MINE! I'M A GREEDY MISER" mentality. What is to be gained by hogging photos and info on such things? I understand you may not want to have folks know WHERE such items are, but most people wouldn't dig into where a poster is from so they could case their house to steal it.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        I never have understood the "MINE ALL MINE! I'M A GREEDY MISER" mentality.
                        It's never quite that mentality, in my travels I'd say I've only ever met one person who I thought was being like that.

For the most part it's usually folks who are very private or have had a bad experience (Sends somebody a picture and it ends up on a dozen websites).

One fellow I talked to got upset when he shared a photo of a toy and somebody made a repro box from his image. In his mind, it devalued his property and it was done without his permission.

I may not agree 100% but at least i can get their drift. I get really pissy when folks swipe images from my site without asking yet I've never turned anybody down.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Okay, I can get that. It's a shame that a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch though.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by actionplus
                            I just want to take a moment to thank Brian for sharing this information with the collecting community. For years, people like myself have guessed that these figures probably existed somewhere; but to now be able to see them for the first time is a great gift. I really appreciate the generosity that goes along with sharing these important finds with the rest of us that are interested in the history of these toys. To me; this is really what collecting is all about. Thanks again, Brian!
                            Hear hear!

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

It's never too late for Halloween. That card art is HOT!!!!

Like the good MM folks already wrote: Thx for sharing. I absolutely love the MM community that you started. The people are great and I read every post. Can't wait to read your upcoming book.
                              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jeepers creepers
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jul 14, 2010

a absolutely amazing find, a collection that all other collections will thrive to be,i've had dracula hair stuck in my mind, and if i had hair, i'd style it like that.
                                concrats brian, you are a truely lucky man.
                                my want list - Mego Talk

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎