X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

More Vintage Toy Store Shots

With the holiday season almost here it seemed like an appropriate time to once again look at the toy departments of long ago, Vintage Toy Stores Part Fouroffers more shots of forgotten retailers and their shelves packed with memories. Look for appearances by Mego Superheroes, the Shogun Warriors, AMT model kits, Fisher Price Little People and much, much more.....

Be sure to visit Part One, Part Two and Part 3 in this series as well.
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Man those are great pics,makes me feel like taking pics of the toys r us toy isles and saving them for later on

That huge Dispensa's Castle of Toys looks awesome
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MegoNinja
      Career Member
      • Feb 7, 2007

If any one has a time machine or at least has the formula to travel back in time please PM me
      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by toys2cool
        Man those are great pics,makes me feel like taking pics of the toys r us toy isles and saving them for later on

That huge Dispensa's Castle of Toys looks awesome
        I think taking pics of the current toy stores is a great idea, especially considering that they're quite possibly becoming extinct. The kids of today will hopefully be nostalgic for that stuff when they get older too!

And Dispensa's definitely was awesome *sigh*

Man, that color pic of Child World seriously just gave me goosebumps!!
        Last edited by nvmbrsdoom5; Dec 21, '07, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• LOU
          Museum FIN-atic
          • Nov 20, 2003

Yeah, these pics are always awesome. I really enjoy looking at them and it's nice to see more. Easily one my favorite things to look at online...one day we'll find an entire Mego display I'm sure...it's only a matter of time before one shows up...I was thinking of an idea for a cool thread too. If soemone here can do screencaps from movies; it would be cool to start a collection of still frames of Mego in film. I know it there were Megos the Richard Pryor film "The Toy" but I've heard them spotted in other films as well over the years...

Comment

• theantiquetiger
            Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
            • Nov 12, 2005

I was doing some research on-line and came across this awesome picture from 1920:

sigpic

Comment

• zorro
              Resident member
              • Nov 3, 2007

Does anyone remember the Baby Town toy store chain? This is where I used to get Megos when I was around 5. I believe that they went out of business in the early eighties. That was a sad event :(
              Website for rare and exciting figures for the 1950s to present, now featuring MANY Action Figure Protective Clamshell cases -- ZoloWorld.com

Find us on facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/ZoloWorldcom/180282916241

Check out REALM OF THE UNDERWORLD 5 3/4" Retro Action Figure Fantasy Series.
              http://www.underworldfigures.com

Comment

• brannon86
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jul 20, 2007

Store adds

WOW! Now that brought back some great memories. I really miss those times. Oh well. I had to grow up sometime I guess. Growing older sucks....

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                  Pat Troughton in disguise
                  • Nov 21, 2007

WOW if toy shops were only like that now......
                  ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎