• Jan 11, 2009

Atari 2600
    Intellivision
    Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

Intellivision was a fun one to. I use to play the heck out of Frogger, night stalker, and space hawk. I had the Sears version of it. The Sears Video Arcade.

Comment

• misterdroid
        Banned
        • Jan 10, 2008

Yeah, the 2600 is legendary, and responsible for a lot, but man the games. I collected 2600 for a while and would play every game at least for a little while to see what was up. I can tell you with some certainty, most of the games are crap. Just mind numbing, ugly and blisteringly hard. It has some gems, no mistake, but they are few and far between.

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

Atari 2600 games i have been playing alot of lately: Hero, adventure, Oink!, and jungle hunt. The fun never ends....

Comment

• misterdroid
            Banned
            • Jan 10, 2008

Yeah, I could play 2600's kaboom forever. It's like crack.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Yes, the 2600 library certainly had more than its fair share of stinkers. Probably more bad than good do to the vast amount of games released. But there is still lot of pure gold on the system as well. Games that are still fun to play some 30 plus years later. Because of the simple graphics I think it has allowed the system to age better than many recent ones. I remember when PS1 and era polygon games were cutting edge and now they are a real eye sore.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

The Atari 2600 is also the system that beginner programmer go to for learning as well. Its really helped the home brewed game scene (meaning new 2600 games)

Comment

• misterdroid
                  Banned
                  • Jan 10, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  I remember when PS1 and era polygon games were cutting edge and now they are a real eye sore.
                  Yes, I'd have to agree. Take Final Fantasy 7 for instance, I thought that game was stunningly beautiful when it was released. I tried to play it through agin a couple years ago and whoo boy is it ugly. The polygon sprites did not age well. Not at all.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

Did they ever re-release FF7 on another plateform? On a gameboy for instance? Ive lost track of it as time has gone by.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by misterdroid
                      I thought that game was stunningly beautiful when it was released. I tried to play it through agin a couple years ago and whoo boy is it ugly. The polygon sprites did not age well. Not at all.
                      For me it was Nights into Dreams on the Saturn. When it was first released I thought it was an absolutely gorgeous game. Now it's a blocky, flickering migraine inducing mess. It's not just the PS1 and the Saturn either, the N64 has aged equally poorly in its own way. I used to think Mario 64 looked great and now it's a washed out blurry mess.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 3, 2007

Cool Thread Idea!
                        Listing in some kind of cronology.

Atari 2600. Love that console.Had crates of carts Still play by emulation today.

Sega Genisis. Again Alot of carts Luved Road Rash!!!

Amiga 500. We gave up on consoles. I was supposed to be WORKING on the Amiga (Hehe)

Gameboy . Went retro for a bit. Loved Mario tennis

Gameboy advance. Tryed roll playing games. couldnt deal.

PS1. Grabbed one used at Game store and some disks. Got addicted to Nitemare Creatures2

Thats about it for me. Currently I just pop a game in the laptop when I feel like playing. Rampage 3!!!
                        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• The Nawd
                          Nawd your head for yes.
                          • Feb 15, 2011

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                          Did they ever re-release FF7 on another plateform? On a gameboy for instance? Ive lost track of it as time has gone by.
                          I looked briefly and found out today that back in 2009 it was re-released on the Playstation Network as a software download (no new physical media re-release) for the PlayStation 3 and PSP. That's all I know.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Just for the heck of it here's a breakdown of what the numbers are for the Wii's Virtual Console:

Commodore 64-9 games

Neo Geo-24 games

NES-92 games

N64-21 games

Sega Genesis-72 games

Sega Master System-15 games(most are actually Game Gear games)

SNES-72 games

TG-16-63 games

Virtual Console Arcade-19 games (these are games like Zaxxon and so forth)

Comment

• Figuremod73
                              That 80's guy
                              • Jul 27, 2011

Im afraid if I did get a wii i would end up playing the virtual console over anything. I was at a friends the other day and finally got a chance to see Mario Galaxy and that other mario side stroller ( dont know the name). My thought was "boy, Mario has come a long way since donkey kong!"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎